Discuss Arkansas State Wrestling Championships 2011 at the High School Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; ...

Default Arkansas State Wrestling Championships 2011

Arkansas State Wrestling Championships 2011-dscn0348.jpg

Default Re: Arkansas State Wrestling Championships 2011

Arkansas held it's third annual state wrestling championships on Friday and Saturday, Feb. 25-27 at the Jack Stephens Center on the campus of the University of Arkansas. The Conway Wampus Cats were the state champions in class 6A - 7A, and the Beebe Badgers were the champions in class 1A-5A. Fayetteville was the runner up at 6A-7A with Little Rock Christian coming in second in class 1A-5A. Little Rock Central's Tyler and Tanner Mann won state championships with Tanner winning his third strait championship at 130 pounds with a pin of McMurtrey of Heritage. Tyler, Tanner's little brother, won the 145 pound championship with a win over Corven Alexander of Conway. According to an article in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Tyler and Tanner's father, a member of the Arkansas National Guard, who is currently stationed in Germany, flew in to watch his two boys win their championships.

In class 1A-5A, Nick Kurfess (the son of a friend of mine) won his 130 pound state championship match with a pin of Brainerd of Central Arkansas Christian. 'Andrea Johnson (please forgive me if I misspell this great young man's name) won his bout at 140 pound. 'Andrea wrestles for the Arkansas School for the Blind, and he is just a wonderful athlete and wrestler.

The photograph in the initial entry to this post is of Tyler Mann during his hard-fought semi-finals match on Saturday morning. A personal note: my wife attended Little Rock Central, so there was a lot of screaming for the Mann's from our part of the stands. Also, my brother and his family have lived in Beebe for many years, so I'm a big Badger fan. Way to go Beebe!

Default Re: Arkansas State Wrestling Championships 2011

One additional note: that was the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, not UA at Fayetteville.

user tags

arkansas wrestling state tournament 2011

2011 arkansas state wrestling tournament

arkansas wrestling state tournament

wrestling Championships

arkansas state wrestling

University of Arkansas wrestling

arkansas high school wrestling 2010 state tournament

tyler mann wrestling

arkansas state wrestling tournament

Nicholas Kurfess

guys wrestling singlets

arkansas wrestling singlet

tanner mann wrestling

arkansas wrestling forum

arkansas wrestling

arkansas state wrestling 2011

arkansas state 2011

beebe badger wrestling

arkansas wrestling tournaments 2011arkansas school for the blind wrestlingarkansas state wrestling 2011 tournamentarkansas state high school wrestling tournament2011 ar state wrestling tournament2011 arkansas high school state wrestling tournamentlittle rock arkansas wrestlingark state wrestlingark wrestling forumarkansas 2011 high school state wrestlingarkansa little rockArkansas State Wrestling Tournament 2011 resultsArkansas state wrestling champion 2011Drug testing for arkansas wrestling state tournament 20112011 arkansas state wrestling videosTyler Mann ArkansasArkansas Statye Wrestling 2011