Thread: 2011 North Carolina High School Wrestling State Tournament ? Results & Brackets

Default 2011 North Carolina High School Wrestling State Tournament ? Results & Brackets

For 2011 North Carolina High School Wrestling State Tournament ? Results & Brackets and many other topics visit HSWrestling.net

North Carolina Individual State Tournament

When: February 24-26, 2011

Where: Greensboro Coliseum

The Greensboro Coliseum will be the site this weekend for one of the largest single high school sporting events in the Southeast.

The North Carolina High School Athletic Association?s annual state wrestling championships are scheduled for three days, starting Thursday night and running all day Friday and Saturday, bringing together over 600 of the state?s best prep grapplers for three days of competition.

Almost 1,300 individual matches will be contested over the course of the event en route to crowning 56 different individual champions. That means there is one winner in each of the NCHSAA?s 14 weight divisions and four different classifications.

For the second year, the 1-A classification will have its own individual weight class champions as the sport has continued to grow. This will also be the second consecutive year the wrestling championships have been in Greensboro. Prior to that the event had a seven-year run at the Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Winston-Salem.

Wrestling will start at 6 p.m. on Thursday with the 2-A classification only, and then the other classifications will begin wrestling at 9 a.m. on Friday. The tournament will run through Saturday evening with the consolation and championship finals, starting at 6 p.m. This is the 24th year that the wrestling championships have been ?classified?; prior to 1987, all wrestlers, regardless of the size of the school, competed for a single title.

The NCHSAA, with a strong tradition in wrestling, has been offering a championship in the sport since the 1930

BRACKETS & RESULTS
    Last edited by Redmann; 02-24-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Default Seeking Results for North Carolina State Tournament

Is there anywhere to get results online for the NC State High School Finals? I'm looking for 2-A results thus far, trying to find out if Tanner Allen from West Stanly is still in it. I cover them for local newspaper and would hop in my car for Greensboro if he is still in it.

I'm also at davidmbernard@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

David Bernard
    The Weekly Post
    2901 N. Davidson St., #250
    Charlotte, NC 28205
    (704) 377-2897
    (704) 712-3221 cell

Default Re: 2011 North Carolina High School Wrestling State Tournament ? Results & Brackets

http://gimp.escapesports.on-rev.com/...pionships.html

Those are the live 2A results. All the way through the finals.

I know that NC is regarded as a mid-low tier state, but I went to the championships this year, and there was some dang good wrestling. And we definitely have our share of studs as well...Jesse Doyle, Harrison Honeycutt, Chris Caton, to name a few.
    Am I cool now?