Thread: Apple Valley wrestler charged after tantrum

Default Apple Valley wrestler charged after tantrum

ROCHESTER ? An Apple Valley High School wrestler has been charged with two misdemeanors in the alleged assault of a wrestler from Oregon at a meet on Jan. 7, according to a report by the Rochester Post-Bulletin.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps/116034919.html
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Default Re: Apple Valley wrestler charged after tantrum

Soar Loser.
    Mental toughness is to physical as four is to one.

I sure hope that they have suspended this goofball and not let him wrestle anymore! If not, then win at all costs comes to bear its ugly self again.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    If not, then win at all costs comes to bear its ugly self again.
    Have you been paying attention to the high school season? Apple Valley not only wouldn't need him to win state, they could forfeit from 171-HWT and still win it.

They did, from what I've heard, remove him from the team immediately following the incident.

If you knew the AV coaching staff you'd know they would rather lose a wrestler who gives a black eye to the program than keep them there to win a dual.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    Have you been paying attention to the high school season? Apple Valley not only wouldn't need him to win state, they could forfeit from 171-HWT and still win it.

They did, from what I've heard, remove him from the team immediately following the incident.

If you knew the AV coaching staff you'd know they would rather lose a wrestler who gives a black eye to the program than keep them there to win a dual.
    Nope, don't follow high school wrestling a lick. However, I had to assume that Apple Valley was at the top of the heap; they usually are.

I do, in fact, know one of their coaches: Mark Wellstone. Not sure if he's still coaching or not, but he was a few years back.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.