Discuss Am I where a first year wrestler should be? at the High School Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; I recently finished my competition season with a record of 18 wins and 22 losses ...

Default Am I where a first year wrestler should be?

I recently finished my competition season with a record of 18 wins and 22 losses on varsity, and placed 11th out of 20 kids for regions, only top 8 go to state and I really feel like I could have done better and I feel like I'm not where I should be even though my coach keeps assuring me I am... but I just don't know. Am I where I should be? Behind, ahead, right on track?

Thanks

Redshirt

Default Re: Am I where a first year wrestler should be?

I think you performed amazingly. I am a first year wrestler too, but I lost all of my JV and Varsity matches, except for one JV match.

Default Re: Am I where a first year wrestler should be?

Believe me, it seems like you're far ahead of where most first-year wrestlers should be. You constantly ask questions and try to help others on the forum, which shows me you are very dedicated. Wrestling on varsity your first year is a tough experience, and it seems you handled it well. Keep working, you're doing fine.
    Am I cool now?

user tags

first year wrestling

first year of wrestling

first year wrestler

first year wrestlersfirst year wrestling tipswrestling first year recordsgood first year wrestling recordwrestling first yearnormal first year wrestling recordbad first year wrestling recordfirst year if wrestlingHow far can i get as a first year high school wrestlerfirst year wrestling in high schoolfirst year of wrestlerfist year wrestler tipsfirst year highschool wrestlingfirst year wrestleingIS IT SMART TO REDSHIRT YOUR FRIST YEAR WRESTLINGcan a first year wrestlerfirs year or wrestling hs