Thread: Footage of my match, any constructive criticism would be helpful

Default Footage of my match, any constructive criticism would be helpful

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dDPHcswEAmI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dDPHcswEAmI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm the guy in the blue singlet. 140 pound weight class. Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.

Default Re: Footage of my match, any constructive criticism would be helpful

get a better cameraman?

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Unproductive collar ties. Don't want to be ear to ear.

1st Cradle was sloppy....you'll want to angle more perpendicular to him as you look for the fall....if not you'll just get 3NF.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

with crossface cradles u want to get your knee in the side. nice nearside though just remember chest to chest

When he avoids tying like he did early, fake low singles and other lower attacks by making half penetration. Be 100% into the move (on fakes HS kids have a tendency to do them half-heartedly... a good way to get pinned. Your fakes should all be very deliberate, just like a shot.) but with the intention of backing him up and not trying to score on the first attempt.

When you are "fake" attacking you are doing two things:

• Setting up possible ducks, boot scoots, and singles/doubles/hi-c's by making him react to you. Since you know its a fake you can stop at any time you choose and redirect or pull out.. you generally want to do that once he reacts (anticipating his reaction through practice is key)
    • You are backing him up and are the aggressor in the mind of the ref. This is essential in drawing stalling calls and more importantly, forcing your opponent to come to you.