Discuss JV or Varsity? at the High School Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; Ok so I am freshmen on varsity. My record is 9-16. Ok so on friday ...
    Round of 12

Default JV or Varsity?

Ok so I am freshmen on varsity. My record is 9-16. Ok so on friday my record was 6-14. i was getting beat up alittle bit on varsity so my coach sent me to a jv meet and I won 2 by pin pretty quick then I( was winning by 4 and got thrown) lost, then I won(soft sahara to pin) again and lost again. So my question is next week I have a choice stay and wrestle the next JV tournament or the varsity one. HELP!!!!

Redshirt

Default Re: JV or Varsity?

is it possible to do both? our school has them on diferent days, but if u have to pick 1 do varsety, ud b surprised how much faster it makes u better wrestling the top wrestlers

Round of 12

[MENTION=24522]The Hunch[/MENTION] Unforunately, no. some matchs I will be able to do both but most no: http://gateway.aurorak12.org/athleti...rts/wrestling/

Redshirt

well if i wr u id go varsety, because itll help soo much in the long run, on jv u will b able to practice moves in matches and perfect them, but thats also practice, on varsety i think its better taking a beating and learning quicker, then giving a beating and not being challenged, and if ur having trouble on varsety then jus make sure wen u go to do a move u tell urself thr is no way this guy will stop me, a mental game is huge, last wed. i had a dual meet aggainst a guy that has wrestled for at least 7 years longer than me (started wen he was 4) and the coaches son. i went in to the match saying thr was no way he could stop me, i was winning the whole match and shutting him down, but unfortunatly last last minute by a point due to a reversal. but it was abattle, and easily the match of the night, and my coach was insainly happy with me and said it was top 3 matches of his 20 years of coaching, bottom line, go in thr ready to fight and mentally ready and u will do work

Are you wanting to get better? Or just win? You sound like you can win a lot of matches at jv, but does that make you a better wrestler? You have to wrestle better opponets to get better yourself. You will usually learn more even from a loss. You just have to keep a positive attitude and not get down if you do lose.

user tags

wrestle JV

is jv or varsity better

jv moves wrestling talk

what is better jv or varsity

is varsity or jv better

what is jv and varsity

which is better jv or varsity

stay on jv or go to varsity

what makes varsity wrestlers better than jv

in wrestling is jv better than varsity

do jv wrestlers get dual meets