Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apple Valley, MN High School Wrestling Coach Jim Jackson

Default Re: Apple Valley, MN High School Wrestling Coach Jim Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty View Post
    Don't know the connection here, but I guess I got hooked big time
    He is likely just a forum troll- baiting people to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    He is likely just a forum troll- baiting people to argue.
    I thought maybe you and goph knew the guy.

nah, if i knew him and still talked to him he wouldn't be able to bad mouth my eagles or gophers and live to tell about it...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

How Many Individual State Champions Will Valley Have This Year?
    Four, Five, Six?

Sure Thing:
    Devos
    Mccauley
    Mincey

Could Be:
    T Kelliher
    Lavalle
    Lehmann
    C Kelliher

Long Shot:
    M Kelliher
    J Hoeppner

Actually I think its McCauley and Mincy as pretty good shots again. (No guarantees)

Devos is a could be as no one will look past him this year.
    Kelliher, certainly his chance is this year. He has the pedigree.

I think those are your best chances.

The rest will most certainly qualify and then its anyones game from there. The thing to remember as Schlottke well knows, these kids are going to be participating in the Team and the Individual competition and I don't think Jackson is going to let them lose focus on the team competition. Jackson and company usually do the right thing though and bring some alternates (that was me) that can fill in in the team duals during earlier rounds if they feel like they have a pretty strong advantage over another team and give his individuals some rest if possible.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I'd say the only sure bets are Mincey and McCauley. Devos is not a certainty..

AV does not generally lose a title after they win one.. Demaray and Laws are the only two I can think of..

Devos Will Not Lose This Year, Unless Jackson Puts Him At 112 Against Some Tough Kid.

Big statement buckwheat.. I bet he loses 3-4 time, unless av starts softening their schedule, he'll pick up losses for a while.

agreed. devos is a solid wrestler who continued to improve every time out on the match but he has a few losses in him this year for sure...