Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tendon injury in practice today

Default Re: Tendon injury in practice today

Quote Originally Posted by mpaul View Post
    Yeah sure, why not? Make sure you don't overdo it though because I overdid it and I aggravated my wrist, so the healing time was extended. By the way, what did you do on the first day :P? Some of my friends who wrestled last year told me 7 people passed out last year on the first day. They also said about 60 kids came on the first day, but only 30 were left by the second day..
    Lots of sprints and jogging. Push ups, 10 pull ups, duck walks, bear walks, wheelbarrows, etc. A lot of people had an extremely hard time. But I did just fine. Oh and everyone had to jog with 80 pounds on their backs for a while.

The practice was easy, it will get way harder than that.
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."

Yeah my first practice wasn't that bad either. I sweated like crazy, but I wasn't close to throwing up or passing out or anything. We just did circuit training and learned the stance, takedowns, bear hugs, and what not. It was my partner's first year wrestling as well, so we were always behind and not understanding stuff, not to mention looking like losers in front of the coaches . I'm gonna YouTube some of this stuff haha

Our next practice on Monday is going to be brutal!

Yeah my first practice wasn't that bad either. I sweated like crazy, but I wasn't close to throwing up or passing out or anything. We just did circuit training and learned the stance, takedowns, bear hugs, and what not. It was my partner's first year wrestling as well, so we were always behind and not understanding stuff, not to mention looking like losers in front of the coaches . I'm gonna YouTube some of this stuff haha

Our next practice on Monday is going to be brutal!
    Kool I would watch the video. And my next practice is on Tuesday and then Thursday. Later on it will be every weekday.

Train your conditioning now. What a lot of people do wrong is rely on wrestling for their conditioning. That is not smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Prodigy View Post
    Train your conditioning now. What a lot of people do wrong is rely on wrestling for their conditioning. That is not smart.
    Er what does that mean lol?

Er what does that mean lol?
    That means you should train your conditioning outside of wrestling practice too. Too many people just rely on their conditioning by wrestling practice.

Anyhow, my tendons are fine now.

Congrats! Did you try out the RICE thing or did you just let it be?

By training your conditioning, do you mean running or doing the drills or something?

Congrats! Did you try out the RICE thing or did you just let it be?

By training your conditioning, do you mean running or doing the drills or something?

Nope, and running.