Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the image of wrestling

Default Re: the image of wrestling

ya kids joke about it, but it seriously pisses me off, the kids that call wrestling gay is the ones that cant do it, iv been trying to get ppl to come to the matches and got 1 person to come last meet and she is bring more nxt time cause she loved it, also for some reason in my school it isnt the basketball players that talk trash its the football players, which is ironic cause i did it and it was seriously the gayest sport evr, the actual sport isnt but the things the kids did was, but i have about gotten in fights because of kids talkin trash about wrestling, its my hot button

Our wrestling team at our school is actually very well respected i think its because the basketball team peaks into the wrestling room every now and again and sees how hard we practice but i really dont know

most males say it is gay, some say it is too much work and a few say both.....this makes me angry. we have like 12 people on the team now and 6 are leaving next year (seniors, moving, etc.) so we'll be down to 6 wrestlers and we have to have a certain amount of wrestlers to keep the program going! but every time i try to tell people to join they call it gay because you're touching another guy or they don't want to wear singlets.......this just makes me ANGRY! and they say football and basketball are harder and cooler...YEAH RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by KStreetz View Post
    most males say it is gay, some say it is too much work and a few say both.....this makes me angry. we have like 12 people on the team now and 6 are leaving next year (seniors, moving, etc.) so we'll be down to 6 wrestlers and we have to have a certain amount of wrestlers to keep the program going! but every time i try to tell people to join they call it gay because you're touching another guy or they don't want to wear singlets.......this just makes me ANGRY! and they say football and basketball are harder and cooler...YEAH RIGHT!
    Are you serious about guys not wanting to wear singlets? I mean as if wearing tights is cool (some call it football pants, but it's just tights). For serious, wrestling is very demanding and most guys are in very good shape i don't have any problems wearing a singlet, in a sense it's cool to show off

I think that the kids who think its gay have other issues. In all my years I never heard that from anyone save one friend who was just trying to deride me & he had no clue about sports period.

Quote Originally Posted by pinknikes View Post
    Is Basketball even a sport?
    Yes, it is for the kids that get kicked off the wrestling team.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...