Thread: Today was my first practice....

Default Today was my first practice....

I am new to the sport, and i must say...WOW
    it's fun, but hard...

so anyways...

My head hurts...alot
    i think it might be because i was kinda dehydrated...
    what do you think?

I am vegan...i bring my lunch to school. So what should i bring?

also uh any tips out there?

i am having trouble with shooting...

thanks!

Default Re: Today was my first practice....

I don't have any tips besides eating lots of nuts and grains if you're vegan. I wanna hear more about what you did today

To tell you the truth, being a vegan is not very good for a wrestler, you won't be at your optimum performance, sorry to break it to you.

If your really determined to be a vegan, one thing you have to do is buy a protein shake supplement. You need it in order to keep up with the wrestling practices and for your muscles to get stronger and be more endured.

You will get used to the practice and your body will adjust to the intensity. Just keep working hard, your body just isn't used to the intensity of the training yet.

What year are you in high school?
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."

Redshirt

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Prodigy View Post
    To tell you the truth, being a vegan is not very good for a wrestler, you won't be at your optimum performance, sorry to break it to you.

If your really determined to be a vegan, one thing you have to do is buy a protein shake supplement. You need it in order to keep up with the wrestling practices and for your muscles to get stronger and be more endured.

You will get used to the practice and your body will adjust to the intensity. Just keep working hard, your body just isn't used to the intensity of the training yet.

What year are you in high school?
    I dunno about the vegan thing. The Indian wrestler who beat doug schwab and took bronze at the Olympics is either vegetarian or a vegan, and hes not lacking in the physical department.

Most protein supplements are milk derived. i dunno how that works under the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by mir20052 View Post
    I dunno about the vegan thing. The Indian wrestler who beat doug schwab and took bronze at the Olympics is either vegetarian or a vegan, and hes not lacking in the physical department.
    I apologize, I did some research about this issue and you are right. A vegan can be healthy, as long as he eats the right way. But you have to be more careful that you are getting all the vitamins and minerals/proteins you need.

You should take some B12 supplements:

"All vegetarians should take a B12 supplement regularly since most people eat meat, dairy AND fortified cereals yet still have a B12 status that is lower than recommended."
    Last edited by Wrestling_Prodigy; 11-10-2008 at 10:34 PM.
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."

I know I've heard this explained before but what is the difference between vegan and vegetarian? I know one eats eggs and dairy and the other not, right?

Redshirt

Quote Originally Posted by rich1990 View Post
    I know I've heard this explained before but what is the difference between vegan and vegetarian? I know one eats eggs and dairy and the other not, right?
    Vegetarian is no animal meat

Vegan is no animal meat or products(milk, eggs, etc)

im pretty sure