Thread: Iowa HS wrestlers in car accident

Default Iowa HS wrestlers in car accident

High school wrestlers injured in Iowa car crash
    HORNICK, Iowa ? One person is dead and six seriously hurt after a sport-utility vehicle carrying a high school wrestling team collided with a minivan in western Iowa.

The Woodbury County Sheriff's Office says the 53-year-old van driver was killed in Saturday's accident. The 26-year-old SUV driver and five teenagers were taken to a hospital in critical or serious condition.

The Westwood High School team was on its way to a wrestling clinic. The accident is being investigated.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Default Re: Iowa HS wrestlers in car accident

I hope they will be alright and fully recover. I feel bad for the guy that died.
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."

http://www.wrestling411.tv/?p=292

They could use some support!

Has there been any report yet of what caused the crash? That was a lot of people to get hurt and I hope it was more than just an accident. Yes accidents do happen, but sometimes its due to neglect.

This is a extremely sad and tragic event.

Our hearts go out to all involved and their families.
    If we don't fight hard enough for the things we stand for, at some point we have to recognize that we don't really stand for them.

~Paul Wellstone~

I can't imagine the affect of something like this on the town. You know it will effect far more than just the families of the wrestlers. I know when my school lost two members of the football team due to a weekend accident, it was devastating to the entire school on several levels.

I am from a small town near this school. The good news is all the kids are doing better than when they went in, meaning they are recovering. Most of them have serious injuries but over time the should make a full recovery.