Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Wrestling

Default Shadow Wrestling

I've been wrestling in open mats (wrestling has not started here yet), but I need to wrestle more. None of my friends wrestle and my brother has to work, so I can't get any practice in. I was wondering if anybody has any good tips on shadow wrestling and any ideas of what I should do during my session?

Default Re: Shadow Wrestling

Walk around your house in your stance. Circle, arm block (post your hand on the floor and drop the same leg back), circle away from that side as if you were avoiding a shot... then practice immediately re-shooting after you've blocked his attack.

Thanks, I'm going to try that.

I think you should worry about training your endurance, strength, and conditioning for now.

Leave the technicalities for when the wrestling season start. Your not going to get much out of shadow wrestling if any at all.
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Prodigy View Post
    I think you should worry about training your endurance, strength, and conditioning for now.

Leave the technicalities for when the wrestling season start. Your not going to get much out of shadow wrestling if any at all.
    Why? When you are at home you have to walk from your room to the kitchen or living room, so do it in your stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    Why? When you are at home you have to walk from your room to the kitchen or living room, so do it in your stance.
    I'm saying that he is better off using his time on training his strength, endurance, and cardio instead of shadow wrestling. That is because he will gain very little if any at all from shadow wrestling. That is my opinion. It actually depends on your experience. If it is your first year then yea go ahead. But other than that it would be a waste of time, or rather, a waste of time compared to other things you can do to improve.
    "Every artist was first an amateur."
    "You miss 100% of shots you don't take."

I guess my point is that when you are walking down your hallway to the fridge you probably aren't lifting weights.

If you have a partner, drill, drill, drill. If you don't, visualize the move and practice it by yourself.

In High School the key components to winning would be:

Conditioning == 50%
    Techniques == 40%
    Strength == 10%

Excellent conditioning is going to give you the heart to continue because you will see the other guy start to mentally break. Excellent technique will negate strength by using leverage and skill to take advantage of your opponent's misuse of his strength or technique. Strength will give you the ability to finish the move if you are equal to your opponent in each of the other two.

Redshirt

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    I guess my point is that when you are walking down your hallway to the fridge you probably aren't lifting weights.

If you have a partner, drill, drill, drill. If you don't, visualize the move and practice it by yourself.

In High School the key components to winning would be:

Conditioning == 50%
    Techniques == 40%
    Strength == 10%

Excellent conditioning is going to give you the heart to continue because you will see the other guy start to mentally break. Excellent technique will negate strength by using leverage and skill to take advantage of your opponent's misuse of his strength or technique. Strength will give you the ability to finish the move if you are equal to your opponent in each of the other two.
    i think its easier to break an opponent with a technical edge which frustrates your opponent rather than having a bigger gas tank. Then they realize that they may have no chance, regardless of when it is in the match

are coach tells us first year guys that if we have more heart then the other guy we can pretty much hold em off just like hand fight em till the third rnd then when they get tired just attack.so my opioion is get conditioned ima be a big time defence wrestler since my technique is lacking
    "the juice is worth the squeeze"-Forest Griffin