Thread: Need some help

Default Need some help

hello everybody my name is zack this is my first year wrestling im a junior in h.s i was wondering if i could tips any kind will do like whats the best shoes or headgear or a good technique to use anything really that will help also i was wondering about my weight im up almost to 170 but gotta be 152 by december 3rd for my first match what is the best way to cut weight.

Default Re: Need some help

Eat healthy lean meat and work out 3 times a week. Working out will make you lose a lot of fat. Don't eat any fatty food or fast food. Also go to this site, it was recommended to me by grecowrestler and it helped me a lot. You also need to get fit. http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5...ining-program/ Follow their program and you'll lose a lot of fat and build muscle.

Don't waste your money and time trying to buy those commercialized gear that "gives you the competitive edge" or suppose to be better. Buy some basic cheap gear, they will work just as good. I bought good shoes for 40 dollars at the mall. And you have to buy your own headgear? Where I am they supply it to you.

Also if you do like it, train over the summer. For some reason most people get more experience during the summer then the year. But yeah gear doesn't matter its the wrestler using the gear. And don't be afraid to ask your coach for help if he sees your working hard I'm sure he might put in some extra time. But as for cutting weight, any drills or stuff that works the cardio well do. Diet right, take vitamin supplements. You could also eat smaller portions of what you normally eat. that should shrink your stomach so you get full faster. But don't starve your self. you need energy to burn energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling_Prodigy View Post
    Don't waste your money and time trying to buy those commercialized gear that "gives you the competitive edge" or suppose to be better. Buy some basic cheap gear, they will work just as good. I bought good shoes for 40 dollars at the mall. And you have to buy your own headgear? Where I am they supply it to you.

thx for the advice everyone yeah i dont know why they wont give us head gear

If your goal is to lose weight yet stay strong, train with low reps(1-5) and heavy, heavy weight if you like weight training. Cut down on your calorie intake. Find out what your daily caloric intake is and subtract 500 from that. You should lose weight by following that nutrition plan. Eat lean, clean food. Red meats, pasta, nut, berries, milk, etc. If you train with weights never go above like 6 reps. By cranking out 8-12 reps every exercise, you are just going ot gain muscle mass and not really any strength. This is how bodybuilders work out. If you want just pure, absolute strength then train with very low reps.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!