Thread: Super 32 Wrestling Tournament Preview by Brandon Scott

News Super 32 Wrestling Tournament Preview by Brandon Scott

I know this is REALLY early, but unless someone withdraws due to injury, I’m not going to change my mind between now and November 1. Also, I’m not sure if the current entries has the wild-cards added or not, and if they don’t please let me know so I can change my rankings accordingly. Super [...]

More...

Default Re: Super 32 Wrestling Tournament Preview by Brandon Scott

"I don’t know how you punish a kid who beats Ryan Mango in Folkstyle & Greco, IN THE SAME SUMMER, and rank him below."

Punish? In preseason rankings?

The only ones getting punished are rankers who get brutalized for preseason ESTIMATIONS, which is, in reality, all they are at this early stage.

But, If you insist..........then I would say Jamie Clark got punished more than Cox.

I doubt that you will get punished for your preview picks. Calling for 6 PA winners along with Cox gives you a politically correct position. Quite non-punishable.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

I think you give the Florida guys other than Cozart, WAY too much credit.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

gofer,

you may be right (and in all actuality, you will probably proven more right than myself)!

But remember, I am from florida, and I would REALLY like to see our state continue to climb. we don't have the depth of the top 10 states, but our best can compete, and we are inching closer and closer.

That's why they wrestle the matches.

In retrospect, yeah, I think there are some guys that I put there, that won't place, but still, at least I did my homework!

Thanks for the preview. It gives me something to follow along with down there.

Good recap of the wrestling Mr. Scott. An enjoyable read.

One should not take perverse pleasure in a wrestler not performing up to par...but with all of the screaming and outright nastiness about Cox's #4 national ranking being too low at 119 (your use of the word "punished" was one of the milder versions), it's tough to not do so given his 7th place finish Saturday.

Instead, I'll just mildly suggest that Jamie Clark is better than Cox and hope Ironman results don't serve to smack me and my opinion down.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

yeah, i definitely am eating crow on that one.

is cox going to Ironman?