Thread: New

Default New

well this is my first year in wrestling, im a senior in high school. I know im late but i was talked into it by a few friends who are on the team. I am fighting for the heavy weight spot. i am currently 6.5 and 265 pounds. I am looking for if there is some videos or anything that i can view that will help me with my wrestling techniques. I would greatly appriciate it. Thank you.

Default Re: New

http://www.thewrestlingtalk.com/search/New.html

Look to the column on the left. You'll a host of video from HS and college. Check out the Beast, top notch heavy talent there. It'll give you idea of what you need to be for championship comp.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

This is my second year. Wrestling is complicated but you learn a lot in a short amount of time. These videos show some basic moves but more importantly are a good example of how coaches will likely teach the moves. The Granby School is famous and has a great record.

go to youtube and search "Granby school"

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestler65 View Post
    well this is my first year in wrestling, im a senior in high school. I know im late but i was talked into it by a few friends who are on the team. I am fighting for the heavy weight spot. i am currently 6.5 and 265 pounds. I am looking for if there is some videos or anything that i can view that will help me with my wrestling techniques. I would greatly appriciate it. Thank you.
    My senior year in high school we had a kid come out for wrestling as a senior at heavyweight and he made it one match from state. Don't get discouraged early on and build towards the end of the season. Learn from your mistakes in your first matches and build upon that for the end of the season. Make sure you perfect a few moves, you don't need to know every move in the book to be a heavyweight wrestler.

Most of all, have fun and enjoy being around your friends and classmates. After this year, it will never be the same.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

work on your conditioning a lot! I have beaten a lot of heavyweights just because i out worked them, you can beat great people by being in better shape sometimes.

thanks guys for all the support and tips. I have been busting my but in and out of the gym. Staying after practice to work on my moves and conditioning like crazy. thanks