Thread: Felipe Martinez

Default Felipe Martinez

Left St. Paris Graham and is now living in Toledo. As a fan of Felipe I'll be interested to see if he declines at all after making this move or if he continues to thrive.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Default Re: Felipe Martinez

I think it will be tough for him to keep up with his training partners at SPG because they have such a tougher room.

What did his state tournament look like last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    I think it will be tough for him to keep up with his training partners at SPG because they have such a tougher room.

What did his state tournament look like last year?

He had a technical fall, 2 pins and a 7-1 win over Tucker Armstrong in the finals.

Coach Jordan said that his mom got a nursing job in Toledo and that is why they moved. He also said that when Felipe comes back to visit he can work out with SPG and he's coming to Jordan's camp this summer.

he is a freak...rare athlete with great explosion in addition to great scrambling...lots of time you get one and not the other..he has both...NCAA national champion eventually imo..
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

He'll continue to dominate, but if/how much he'll improve depends a lot on what school he's at next year. If he goes to Oak Harbor he'll still be in a very good program. They produce a lot of wrestlers for Ohio State and Kent like Bergman, Magrum, Keith Witt, and others. Flowrestling videographer Zeb Miller went to Oak Harbor and his nephew Ian is a tremendous junior there right now. Ian is right around the same weight as Felipe, so it would be a pretty good training situation (though obviously not as good as Graham).

In terms of regressing, I would think his biggest concern would be conditioning and keeping focused.

Schlottke: In terms of keeping up with his peers at Graham, I think he's already a lot better than them. Bo Jordan would probably give him a pretty tough match, but I don't think anyone else around his weight at Graham has much of a shot at catching him. I'm not really an expert on Graham, though, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Schlottke: In terms of keeping up with his peers at Graham, I think he's already a lot better than them. Bo Jordan would probably give him a pretty tough match, but I don't think anyone else around his weight at Graham has much of a shot at catching him. I'm not really an expert on Graham, though, so we'll see.
    I meant in terms of development, not ability.. if that makes sense.

Like GOLD mentioned, if Felipe goes to Oak Harbor, he might have Ian Miller as his practice partner, and Ian is tough! State champ as a practice partner....you can't get too much better than that. But really Martinez should be good wherever he goes. The kid has got tons and tons of talent and is a freak athlete.
    "Wanting to win, that is common to all. But working to win, the drive to go the extra mile, to push yourself while no one's looking..that is the mark of a true champion."