Discuss Getting the russian 2 on 1 at the High School Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; I've been practicing the russian 2 on 1 a lot recently and it has become ...
    Redshirt

Default Getting the russian 2 on 1

I've been practicing the russian 2 on 1 a lot recently and it has become my best position on my feet. My question is, is there any other ways to get to the russian besides from their collar tie? I would like to get in this position as often as i can.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Getting the russian 2 on 1

Well, you can get the 2 on 1 from just about any tie up, but the collar tie is going to be most common in HS... If you don't want to reach up to initiate the tie just crowd your opponent without shooting.. unless he is coached to stay out of the collar tie he will naturally tie with you and set you up to move into the 2 on 1.

I show just reaching across to get the wrist, then go to russian 2 on 1.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I show just reaching across to get the wrist, then go to russian 2 on 1.
    Definitely a more dominant way to get it. The reason I liked to let the other guy tie is because it lulls them into a false sense of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    Definitely a more dominant way to get it. The reason I liked to let the other guy tie is because it lulls them into a false sense of control.

Definitely, your suggestion is great as well.

Really if you have elbows at any point it's another great way to get to the russian.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Round of 12 The Vanilla Gorilla's Avatar

You really can get the russian from almost any tie...If you like wrist control?hand control, it is almost always there. I hit the russian at least two or three times a match now, if not more. It is almost always open, from any tie
    "Wanting to win, that is common to all. But working to win, the drive to go the extra mile, to push yourself while no one's looking..that is the mark of a true champion."

Redshirt

How do you get it from wrist control?

Round of 12 The Vanilla Gorilla's Avatar

Normally I go from straight wrist control to baseball grip and then hit it.
    "Wanting to win, that is common to all. But working to win, the drive to go the extra mile, to push yourself while no one's looking..that is the mark of a true champion."

user tags

russian 2 on 1 wrestling

russian 2 on 1

Russian 2on1

2 and 1 wrestling russian

history of the russian 2 on 1 wrestlingwrestling girl russianwrestling russian 2 on 12on1 female wrestlingfemale wrestling 2 on 1baseball grip wrestling techniquewrestling girls 2on1teach russian 2-on-1 wrestlingwrestling 2 on 1 russian how to get the russian 2 on 1 in wrestling2on1wrestlingrussian 2 on 1 seriesrussian college wrestlingrussian two on onethe best russian 2 on 1 wrestlersis there wrestling in russian high schoolsgirls wrestling 2 on 1forum wrestling two-on-onehow to get the russian 2 on 1 in wrestling videowrestling russian 2-on-1ive been practicing russianwrestling russian two one one tierussian or the 2-on-1 tie upwrestling two on one setupwrestling getting into the 2-on-1 two on oneRUSSINA TWO ON ONErussian two on one wrestlinggreat russian 2 on 1getting a russian 2 on 1 wrestlinggetting the russian 2 on 12on1 wrestling set-up