Thread: Just starting

Women Just starting

Hi. I'm a senior in high school and I know i kinda waited too long to start, but I would like to wrestle this year. I have done submission wrestling before for whats it's worth. I know you can't use chokes/joint manipulation in wrestling. I was looking for tips and will they teach me the moves and rules. thanks.

Default Re: Just starting

I may post a more thorough reply in the future, but try going here: http://www.thewrestlingtalk.com/misc...hool_Wrestling

Default Re: Just starting

Quote Originally Posted by silent1029 View Post
    Hi. I'm a senior in high school and I know i kinda waited too long to start, but I would like to wrestle this year. I have done submission wrestling before for whats it's worth. I know you can't use chokes/joint manipulation in wrestling. I was looking for tips and will they teach me the moves and rules. thanks.
    Ive seen in ten years of coaching Folk style wresting....
    Broken arms ,concusions,lots of blood,broken bones , busted ears .nose ect. There are plenty of legal holds that cause pain. a good cross face can brake someones nose. a good grapevine can dislocate omes leg,
    Just what it takes to become a wrestler is enough to hurt you.
    from wrestling i have had a broken colar bone dislocated rotory cuff , broken fingers, back strain 2 dislocated or hernated disc.
    Now, that is more than what i got hurt playing football.
    Any way, to become a sucessful wrestler requires yrs of training. among witch are dedication. Long hard hrs of traing learning the moves & there counters. ablity to keep weight is just among those. There is no tolarence for being a tenth over what your weight should be. Example say your weight class is 140 lbs. You come to wrestle that day at 140.1 weighed on an offical scale. That meens you cant wrestle @140 you would have to wrestle at 145 . Wrestling is the most demanding sport there is.
    To wrestle 6 mins thats 3 two min periods no time outs. no stop unless blood or injurey.
    Maybee , You dont have what it takes. maybee yo should stick to a sport where there is not such a demand on you.
    Hey any way this old man has so much artritist from wrestling . I guess I dont know about pain. Nor the sport...
    Coach Wolak