Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: J Robinson 28 day intensive camp question

Default J Robinson 28 day intensive camp question

Hey all,
    I'm a Junior and this is my second year wrestling. I'm doing alright on varsity, and I was wondering if you guys thought I would be ready to go to the J robinson 28 day camp.

Default Re: J Robinson 28 day intensive camp question

If you think that you're ready mentally then I say do it, you won't find a better camp to go to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Damn thats a hardcore camp i think im gunna try to go this summer it will really help me especially since im a freshman Or should i just do Freestyle in the summer since its cheaper?
    Mental toughness is to physical as four is to one.

dude u should come to j rob with me

ill try to get some money its expensive but its really worth it plus my birthdays coming up so i can get some money there
    Mental toughness is to physical as four is to one.

how much of it is just ridiculous conditioning and how much is actual technique? I have a guy who is interested?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Speaking from experience, there is a full dedicated technique session each day.

Daily schedule goes (or at least went when I was there)...

6:45 am- Morning Run
    10:00 am- Technique
    3:00 pm- Hard wrestling
    7:30 pm- Weights/Run/Review Technique

I'll try and dig up my camp workbook and maybe I'll be able to give a bit more in the way of specific detail in the types of techniques that were shown.
    Last edited by JensenS; 01-30-2010 at 10:36 PM.

Found it...the following are the techniques that the 15 year old me wrote down as having learned during my tenure at the camp day by day.

More techniques than the ones that I have listed were shown each day but these were the ones that had stuck with me.

Day 1: Arrival day, no technique

Day 2: Variations to switch, focus on inside switch

Day 3: N/A (I actually couldn't practice this day, lost too much weight from when I arrived)

Day 4: Focus on breakdowns and riding

Day 5: Arm drag double, improved set ups for blast double

Day 6: Run the pipe finish to head inside single, assorted knee pry finishes

Day 7: Single leg defense kick off shoulder, high crotch throw by, "double throw hip in" (No clue what I meant here with this last one)

Day 8: Firemans carry from opponents post on shoulder, arm drag variations, ways to break wrist control from neutral

Day 9: Duck under variations, high crotch finishes from crackdown position

Day 10: Headlocks, inside trips

Day 11: Short offense, front headlocks, head shucks

Day 12: New power half variation, tilt and hook across back

Day 13: Defense against leg rides, turk variations from top

Day 14: No technique, 12 mile run and departure.

Looks good.

Now my next question: Will J. take my guy with great potential and turn him into an injured shell of his former self?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.