Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which PA school?

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    No question about it, I'd head for Zeke Jones and U Penn's Wharton School. Now if I didn't have the smarts to get into Penn, then I'd head for Penn State which offers an A One all around experience.
    I read your note about the PSU tuition being high and I found it a bit a stretch...until I checked the current rates. Wow have they jumped and including the instate fee. My son graduated last spring and we were paying the out of state rate. When he started we were paying the current in-state rate. Penn State is now higher than Rutgers for in-state students. When he made his decision he had the Rutgers option, but he decided to Go State...because of the athletics and tuition being not much more than the in-state RU rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    The nightlife and ample opportunities for women-chasing were too much for me, and I had to transfer to a more laid-back school. Flop the Nuts did better there.
    The CHASING isn't the problem, it's when they let you catch them that the trouble starts........

I know I am biased as a former Quaker assistant coach, but I really couldn't see going anywhere other than UPENN if I wanted to stay in state. Best combination of coaching,schedule, historic and well respected conference, top notch Ivy education, connections to international/post-collegiate wrestling and great wrestling ties to almost any profession you could imagine. If I wanted to wrestle in the Big 10, I would probably look at Northwestern or Michigan, Big 12 would be Iowa St. and if I wanted to get back west it would be Oregon State now (I know I just diverged off topic but I was having fun pretending I was an 18 year old stud recruit deciding on schools :-) OK, Back to the reality of being a 45 year old workin dad again)!

Redshirt

And nothing beats having 150 people watch your matches on a Friday afternoon....now that shows support from the university!!!

In no particular order:

Edinboro University
    Lehigh University
    Penn State University
    Pitt-Johnstown
    University of Pennsylvania