Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: jit jitsu

Default jit jitsu

i am about to sign up for jit jitsu because i think it will help my wrestling skills and build my endurence. do you people think jit jitsu will help me in my wrestling career? also what other sports would help me for wrestling?

Default Re: jit jitsu

Quote Originally Posted by 103class View Post
    i am about to sign up for jit jitsu because i think it will help my wrestling skills and build my endurence. do you people think jit jitsu will help me in my wrestling career? also what other sports would help me for wrestling?
    Judo will help more than Jui-Jitsu. There is more emphasis on standing technique in Judo which will help you with throwing in wrestling. Ground technique in Jui-Jitsu does not translate well into wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    Judo will help more than Jui-Jitsu. There is more emphasis on standing technique in Judo which will help you with throwing in wrestling. Ground technique in Jui-Jitsu does not translate well into wrestling.
    +1

also judo is much harder work (bjj is not nearly as tiring)
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

ok i think I'm stilling going to do jit jitsu. but would it help my takedown skills?

LOL at BJJ isn't nearly as tiring. I wouldn't so either of them if your goal is to get better at wrestling. I've been doing BJJ longer than i've been wrestling and you can really get some bad habits from doing both of them.

Agree with ODH. Judo translates better to wrestling. Stick with your wrestling takedowns. Plus, you never want to get comfortable on your back.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

can anybody direct me to a grappling web site?