Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: el abanderado cubano Lopez & other flag bearers in Beijing

Default Re: el abanderado cubano Lopez & other flag bearers in Beijing

Just gutal or (for better understanding) Mongol gutal [u = oo]

http://2046fan.blogspot.com/2006/08/mongol-gutal.html

What wrestlers wear were (and in some areas still are) the traditional everyday boots of the Mongolians. The word for them was gutal. They didn't have shoes. When Western shoes were introduced in Mongolia, the Mongolians called also them gutal. If you go in a shop in Mongolia and ask for gutal, they will offer you shoes. To get what wrestlers wear, you must say Mongol gutal.

One important shopping tip for you:
    The Mongol gutals for wrestling don't differ in their form from the everyday Mongol gutals, but they have two additional things which don't belong to the everyday gutals: strings which are to be bound around each boot: one around the low part (blue pointer), one in the middle (green) which has a decorated oval piece of leather (red) to hold the string stable.

Don't forget to buy these special accessories when shopping!
    Last edited by akzent; 08-07-2008 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbard View Post
    Who confirms a dive?

He dove. As have many other Cubans.

Well, I was hoping you or another poster would confirm it. Any reason you "know" that many cubans took a dive besides "they shoulda won that match?" It just seems every time a cuban loses in the finals there are allegations that they threw the match and I'm wondering if people have "inside info" on this.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Well, I was hoping you or another poster would confirm it. Any reason you "know" that many cubans took a dive besides "they shoulda won that match?" It just seems every time a cuban loses in the finals there are allegations that they threw the match and I'm wondering if people have "inside info" on this.

I know people.

Gentry told him.

romero was suspended by the cuban federation after the 2005 worlds bc he was photographed mingling and then receiving a package from someone in the georgian federation during the tournament. romero then went on to lose the finals to the georgian.

i doubt the cubans will accept bribes in the olympics bc the cuban govt gives great incentives for winning olympic medals (lifetime monthly checks and housing) plus they get more local notoriety and respect than they get for world championships
    Last edited by COL66; 08-07-2008 at 11:41 AM.

Exactly why I think Quintana will win Gold over Batirov.

Quote Originally Posted by quick_single View Post
    Exactly why I think Quintana will win Gold over Batirov.

as you know, controlling his weight is the biggest challenge. before the 2007 pan ams, some international wrestlers went to cuba to train. they said they didnt even recognize quintana bc he was so fat. not healthy, and overweight, but FAT. they said he had a full gut.

maybe a lifetime of cutting weight really messed up his metabolism.

Shut up, Single.

Troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbard View Post
    Shut up, Single.

Troll.
    Riiiiight. Pot, kettle, black.

I do want a pair of those boots.