Thread: Article from DSM register and a ?

Default Article from DSM register and a ?

What is the possibility of getting the Gallick vs. Zadick match to be held somewhere that fan support would be greater? Maybe I'm being biased but, since both wrestlers have ties to the State of Iowa why not hold it here.

"Zadick won the best-of-three series in Las Vegas and will meet Gallick at a site to be determined."

I'd say probably slim because USAW is involved. . they sure don't know how to promote events.

Iowa, ISU pack World wrestling team
    REGISTER NEWS SERVICES

June 11, 2007
    1 Comment

The state of Iowa and its college wrestling programs will be well represented in the World Championships this fall.

Four of the seven uniforms on the team will be worn by a wrestler who earned all-America or national championship honors at Iowa or Iowa State after winning at the World team trials in Las Vegas this weekend.

Doug Schwab, an assistant coach at Iowa who grew up in Osage, qualified for his first world team Sunday night, winning the 145.5 pound division in a best-of-three series against Chris Bono, a national champion and former assistant coach at Iowa State.

Schwab was a state champion for the Green Devils before winning an NCAA title at Iowa. He was the No. 6 seed in the tournament after placing seventh at the National Open.

Joe Williams, a three-time NCAA champion at Iowa, made his sixth world team, winning the 185-pound division.

Joe Heskett, an NCAA champion at Iowa State, won the 163-pound berth on Saturday night.

The fourth spot will go to either Iowa State NCAA champion Nate Gallick or Iowa all-American Mike Zadick.

Gallick, the reigning National Open champion at 132 pounds, received an extension for his best-of-three series because of an injury that impeded his training. Zadick won the best-of-three series in Las Vegas and will meet Gallick at a site to be determined.

The Greco-Roman team will include former Iowa State wrestler Harry Lester at 145.5 pounds and former Northern Iowa assistant coach Brad Vering at 185 pounds.

In women's freestyle, former Iowa City resident and 2004 Olympics silver medalist Sara McMann won the world spot at 138.75 pounds.

The World Championships are Sept. 17-23 in Baku, Azerbaijan.

Default Re: Article from DSM register and a ?

I remember a couple years ago there was a "wrestle off" held in Fargo, ND @ Cadet & Junior Nationals- not sure if it was for the World Team or not, but I remember they held the matches either before or after the sessions.

Default Re: Article from DSM register and a ?

Usually the site they determine to wrestle at is Fargo. At least that is where the past couple have been held.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.