Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saitiev has done the impossible

Olympic Champ

Default Saitiev has done the impossible

I doubt anyone in Russian history of wrestlinjg has come back at 33 years old and beaten the reigning world champ at Russian Nationals.

This would be the exception to the rules!

Default Re: Saitiev has done the impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I doubt anyone in Russian history of wrestlinjg has come back at 33 years old and beaten the reigning world champ at Russian Nationals.

This would be the exception to the rules!
    HELLL YEAH BABY. ITS ON NOW!

Olympic Champ

The article on the Russian site is stating Saitiev is now almost a lock for Beijing.

I KNEW IT hahahhahaha way to go bouvasia. i soooo called that after his first loss that he would come back to beat murta an claim his last oly gold, gotta change pants now

Satiev is the man and almost a lock for gold at Beijing

Awesome!!!

Olympic Champ

Saitiev said the main difference in his preparation for this match against Murtazaliev was that he watched many videos on him, something he has never done before.

Saitiev definitely wrestled more aggressively in this match than his ones in the past with Murtazaliev. I don't think he's going to stick with this same style though--I think this was made specifically for wrestling Murtazaliev (something that he and his trainers put together from watching Murtazaliev's videos) and that he's going to move back to his slower paced, "I'm not trying but I'm owning you" type style.

Oh, and was he wearing Adistrike JS shoes? Now I can say that I wear the same shoes as the Buvaisar Saitiev.
    Last edited by Aphamos; 06-05-2008 at 10:02 AM.

good point, saitiev did take a lot more leg shots than he usually takes. I think he is accustumed to exposing people when they get in on his legs for easy points, he couldnt pull it off against murtazaliev tho.