Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Takhti Cup 2008, June 5-6

Default Re: Takhti Cup 2008, June 5-6

way to go gentry, looks like he stepped it up. Beating bazri is no small feat.

Way to go Gentry

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Is a "walkover" a default? I'd like to have seen Gentry wrestle Shahin. Anyway, looks like Canada did a decent job, we have a pretty strong national team this year.

not really

Guess I should have defined "strong". Maybe not ""gonna win a bunch of medals", but all our guys from 60-96 are capable of competing with the world's best. Saeed's beaten a few world medallists I think including Gia, Garcia and Gentry have been wrestling really well lately, Cross has been top 10 in the world and Zilberman top 5. Let's say I'm pleasantly suprised considering Daniel's no longer wrestling.

BTW what happened to Evan Macdonald? did he lose at the trials?

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Guess I should have defined "strong". Maybe not ""gonna win a bunch of medals", but all our guys from 60-96 are capable of competing with the world's best. Saeed's beaten a few world medallists I think including Gia, Garcia and Gentry have been wrestling really well lately, Cross has been top 10 in the world and Zilberman top 5. Let's say I'm pleasantly suprised considering Daniel's no longer wrestling.

BTW what happened to Evan Macdonald? did he lose at the trials?

He wasn't at trials. Injured I think.

Is this like the nationals for the Turks? If so, is Shahin representing 66 or what?

Quote Originally Posted by dangun View Post
    Is this like the nationals for the Turks? If so, is Shahin representing 66 or what?
    Doubt there is trials for Shahin. He was probably just trying to get in some good wrestling before the Olympics but did want to cut.

canada did pretty well in this tournament