Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cejudo

Default Re: Cejudo

Cejudo went for a front head throw from his feet and Azevedo pasted him on his back. Cejudo threw it to the wrong side. That throw is supposed to be taken to the open arm side as it places more torque on the neck. Cejudo should know better than that from working with Sergei.

that throw can be exacutated effectively to both sides, it just depends how u lock it up

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by pinartist View Post
    that throw can be exacutated effectively to both sides, it just depends how u lock it up
    It works better if your opponent is on his knees.

Because azevedo's head was on the outside tells me that it was a desperation attempt.. in order to do that throw effectively the head should be blocked inside, at the stomach

http://www.mattazevedo.com/matt08.wmv link to pin

Looks like a pretty akward throw attempt, and a perfect response by Azevedo.

Quote Originally Posted by pinartist View Post
    The throw was technically incorrect. You can't throw a front head to the trapped arm side from the feet. At least you can't take it straight back the way Henry attempted it.

my bad, i was thinking of a different throw. The video clears it up.

It also looked to me that Cejudo kept hanging onto the head even after his move failed and he was on his back. It looked like he could have let go and turned to his stomach.

This is the proper way to execute a front head. I don't know what Cejudo was thinking...

http://tech-fall.com/2008INT/08USAWnationals71.html