Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freestyle Finals Results: Azevedo is OW

Default Re: Freestyle Finals

Go Doug Schwab!

Rowlands wins 1-0/0-2/1-0
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Default Re: Freestyle Finals Results: Azevedo is OW

Some thoughts...

55 kg: I don't think Cejudo had been scored in the tournament before the finals. He might have been, but I don't feel like going to look it up. Regardless, great job by Azevedo breaking through after dropping a bunch in a row to Henry, is that his second win over him? Out of just this group, I still think Cejudo would be the favorite for the spot, but Mr's. Abas and Henson if they show up will probably have some stuff to say about it.

60 kg: Two surprise finalists in Scott and Bunch, great tournament for Shawn Bunch getting it done too, over the former World Team member in Lightner. Once again though, we aren't even qualified here yet, and despite Bunch's weekend Zadick, and Gallick are the class at this weight.

66 kg: This weight is still a zoo, but Schwab did a good job making a statement that he wasn't just a one year wonder. He did a really job winning the close matches. Despite his successes though, I think there are still a bunch of guys that could come away with this weight at the trials.

74 kg: Like I said when I posted the finals result, Askren didn't lose a period. He seems to really be locked in, and listening to the interviews that he's done on Flo he's definitely carrying a lot of confidence. I'll definitely be rooting for him to make the team.

84 kg: Mo's back. Joe getting knocked off in the first round was kind of surprising, and Hrovat definitely showed he was still tough here. Probably come down to one of those three winning the spot.

96 kg: Cormier pretty much demolished everyone. Like Scott said somewhere, at least in this country his biggest obstacle is just making weight. Once he does that, he usually takes care of business. Hopefully he can build off the Bronze finish from last year.

120 kg: Rowlands seems to have really established himself as the guy in America.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Schwab wins it over Zadick 1-0/1-0

Oh geez, there are gonna be a couple that short out their systems with so many tears being shed.

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    Oh geez, there are gonna be a couple that short out their systems with so many tears being shed.
    Wrong Zadick.

Olympic Champ

Default Re: Freestyle Finals Results: Azevedo is OW

bluestater, it might be time to switch your love to Mo Lawal. He seems to be getting it done.