Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: 2008 US Senior Nationals Greco-Roman/Freestyle Brackets/Results/Discussion

Default Re: 2008 US Senior Nationals Greco-Roman/Freestyle Brackets/Results/Discussion

They run it down until 8 are left standing, four in the winner's bracket and four in the loser's bracket.

Those eight will return tomorrow to wrestle the seeded wrestlers.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Default Re: 2008 US Senior Nationals Greco-Roman/Freestyle Brackets/Results/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Winston goes down. who is the guy that beat him?

Ron Groves by Injury Default.

Winston lost in juniors also.

Incoming freshman Jake Deitchler is in the finals at 145.5 for Greco Roman at Senior Men's Greco. Pretty impressive.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Banned

poor bergman's gonna have cormier right away?!? ughhh . . . : \

Olympic Champ

FWIW, I didn't really care about the HS kids in the Seniors. Other than one shocker in Greco - a weight which Lester will have his way in - they just look like good kids against good adults.

What I did see.....

In the mens Seniors qualifier it is kind of funny to see a full bracket up knowing darn well nobody will wrestle after making the top eight.

Larkin was one of my picks but he didn't look very good. He was fortunate to beat Palmer.

The younger Gallck is going to be a seriously good freestyler in the future.

Franklin Gomez looked stale and soft. He may be a "tweener" weight wise.

Metcalf.... I was impressed. Even in these kinds of matches he appears to be able to impose his will on people (and while not small - he still isn't big for the weight). I would say he reminds me of the Brand's in a way.... but he isn't a clone. Yeah he has the relentless attack, but his positioning is better, and on the otherside he isn't as quick (so he better have positioning). Heck, if anything he sort of reminds me of younger Gable. I seriously doubt he'll get through tomorrow, but he's plenty tough, and wrestling really well.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

Olympic Champ

Vering lost in the finals.

Greco Finals Results
    55 kg: Spenser Mango def Lindsay Durlacher 1-3/3-0/7-0
    60 kg: Jim Gruenwald def Joe Betterman 5-0/6-3
    66 kg: Mark Rial def Jake Deitchler 5-4/1-1
    74 kg: TC Dantzler def Andrew Bisek 2-2/3-2
    84 kg: Brad Ahearn def Brad Vering 2-1/1-1
    96 kg: Justin Ruiz def RC Johnson 4-1/1-1
    120 kg: Dremiel Byers def Russ Davie 2-1/4-0

Nice job by Mango taking it, he beat Haze in the semi's by a similar score that he did Durlacher in the finals. Seems as though old man Gruenwald still knows how to do this.

Nice job by Deitchler making the finals, but as Scott noted somewhere, what guys do here really doesn't matter that much as our best Greco guy at any weight is here.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Danny Felix knocks off Nick Simmons 1-0/3-0
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Metcalf/Espo should be a fun one.