Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 22

Thread: Olympic Favorites from the USA?

  1. #1

    Default Olympic Favorites from the USA?

    Im new to keeping up with college wrestling and the olympic wrestling. Is there any favorites from the USA in the olympic games this year? Assuming they make it in of course.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Olympic Favorites from the USA?

    I think we'll need to wait to see who makes the team first.

  3. #3
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Parker, Az
    Posts
    3,388

    Default Re: Olympic Favorites from the USA?

    Favorites for Gold? None that I can think of.

    Favorites to medal? Depends on who makes the team.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Olympic Favorites from the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by jrocksmith View Post
    Im new to keeping up with college wrestling and the olympic wrestling. Is there any favorites from the USA in the olympic games this year? Assuming they make it in of course.

    Harry Freaking Lester.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Olympic Favorites from the USA?

    joe warren, oh wait...

  6. #6

    Default Re: Olympic Favorites from the USA?

    Just a question. Do we have to qualify as a team for the weightclass and then pick our wrestler in the olympic trials. I have been doing some reading about this but came away confused. Thought it might just be easier to ask those here that know the procedures leading up to the olympics.

  7. #7
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the forums
    Posts
    8,345

    Default Re: Olympic Favorites from the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Just a question. Do we have to qualify as a team for the weightclass and then pick our wrestler in the olympic trials. I have been doing some reading about this but came away confused. Thought it might just be easier to ask those here that know the procedures leading up to the olympics.

    You are correct!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Olympic Favorites from the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    You are correct!
    Thanks

    What is the reason that Gallick is going to try and qualify over Zadick? I thought that was Zadicks spot. Isnt that why they faced off in Colorado last year? This may be old news but I am just starting to try and pay attention to International wrestling. It gets a little confusing sometimes with all the different tournaments.
    Last edited by Herkey#1; 04-25-2008 at 08:40 AM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Olympic Favorites from the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    Thanks

    What is the reason that Gallick is going to try and qualify over Zadick? I thought that was Zadicks spot. Isnt that why they faced off in Colorado last year? This may be old news but I am just starting to try and pay attention to International wrestling. It gets a little confusing sometimes with all the different tournaments.
    No official reason was given, but it could be a combo of a few different factors. One - Zadick failed to qualify last weekend in Switzerland. Granted, he had a hellish bracket, but nonetheless, he didn't get the job done. Secondly, he's been doing a lot of wrestling and traveling. With all things being equal, (and judging how close Zadick's and Gallick's matches are, they are nearly equal) you want the fresher wrestler.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •