Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Russian Greco wrestlers receive cars as a prize for their accomplishments

Olympic Champ

Default Two Russian Greco wrestlers receive cars as a prize for their accomplishments

President of Russian region Ingushetia gave a car to each wrestler. They are Mankiev and Belharoev. They are both European bronze medalists. Mankiev is also a World Cup champion while Belharoev was a Junior World champion last year.

Default Re: Two Russian Greco wrestlers receive cars as a prize for their accomplishments

what kind?

Olympic Champ

Default Re: Two Russian Greco wrestlers receive cars as a prize for their accomplishments

Quote Originally Posted by pinartist View Post
    what kind?
    They didn't say in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    President of Russian region Ingushetia gave a car to each wrestler. They are Mankiev and Belharoev. They are both European bronze medalists. Mankiev is also a World Cup champion while Belharoev was a Junior World champion last year.
    So did Christian Siriano, the winner of Project Runway.

Big, in all seriousness, do most people have cars in urban and suburban areas of Russia, or are they a big time luxury?

Olympic Champ

Most people have either cars or motorcycles. Most of them are used though and not new ones like these guys are getting. People do not drive as much as in America though even if they have a car. When was the last time American wrestlers got cars from the government?

Quote Originally Posted by pinartist View Post
    what kind?
    A brand new Lada.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by quick_single View Post
    A brand new Lada.
    I am sure American wrestlers would accept even Ford Focus to drive around.

I'd take one.

Big, I know that you think wrestling should be the number one spending priority for, well, the world, but I don't agree. I don't want my tax dollars supporting wrestling, or any other sport for that matter. I realize that Russians have different priorities-good for them. I would be pleased as punch if a foundation or corporation were to give wrestlers an incentive to wrestlers to win gold medals. I would even be more likely to support that foundation or corporation if they were to support wrestling. (For example, I only buy Asics, and that's what my cheerleading squad wears, too.) However, I don't think that it's the government's job.