Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mike Zadick accepts public warning for doping violation

Default Mike Zadick accepts public warning for doping violation

Blue... you better get your boy straight!

http://themat.com/index.php?page=sho...rticleID=18486

Freestyle wrestler Mike Zadick (Solon, Iowa/Gator WC) has issued a statement concerning the announcement today from the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency:

"I have had an injury and was given the drug Kenalog from my physician to help the healing process."

"The proper procedure is to fill out a TUE (Therapeutic Use Exemption). I was legally able to take the drug, but it had to be documented properly by filling out the TUE first. I have been educated about the proper requirements now and have learned from the situation."

"I support USADA 100 percent and I know their work is to keep all athletes on an even playing field. They want to make sure everyone is a pure, hard-working athlete. That is exactly how I pride myself."

http://themat.com/index.php?page=sho...rticleID=18487

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) announced today that Mike Zadick of Solon, Iowa, an athlete in the sport of wrestling, tested positive for a prohibited substance and accepted a public warning for his first doping offense. The doping offense involved the use of a prescribed medication under the care of a physician, but without first seeking a therapeutic use exemption as required by the applicable rules.

As a result of the doping violation, Zadick, 29, has been disqualified from his competitive results obtained during the period from March 2, 2008 until April 8, 2008.

Zadick tested positive for triamcinolone acetonide on March 2, 2008, at the Pan American Championships in Colorado Springs, Colo. Triamcinolone acetonide is a prohibited substance in the class of glucocorticosteroids under the rules of the F?d?ration Internationiale des Luttes Associ?es (FILA) and USADA, both of which have adopted the World Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Prohibited List.

USADA is responsible for the testing and results management process for athletes in the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Movement. USADA is equally dedicated to preserving the integrity of sport through research initiatives and educational programs.
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Default Re: Mike Zadick accepts public warning for doping violation

I think he should take a public lashing too.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

I think he should hire Bluestater to take care of all this paperwork and stuff for him. He clearly needs a good woman in his life so he can just worry about the actual wrestling.
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Olympic Champ

I think she already messed up his head enough. I bet he reads these forums.....

I'm a very strong proponent of stiff penalties for use of performance enhancing drugs, but come on! This medication is very commonly used to treat skin rashes, and I'm sure that his use of it was for that purpose only. Okay, slap on the wrist for not doing the paperwork.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Clearly, he needs me in his life to take care of these things. I'm excellent at paperwork.

Classy man, really classy...

Ummmmmmm.....this may be a joke, but thats some cold shit man.

I prefer to be inappropriate myself, but that post sort of made me cringe. YOu should probably appologize.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    Clearly, he needs me in his life to take care of these things. I'm excellent at paperwork.
    I'm willing to bet that you're also really good at doing dishes, washing clothes, and ironing shirts..