Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I just can't wait to watch swimming at Olympics

Olympic Champ

Default Re: I just can't wait to watch swimming at Olympics

It wasn't so much that North Korea won Gold at that weight as much as the fact that America could not do well at that weight and had no chance of winning a medal there. North Koreans pretty much owned a medal at that weight and US could not medal other than 84 Olympics. Also, whereas a country like Cuba has good wrestlers all around, North Korea was only really good at two weights and the best at 48kg, so cancelling 48kg effectively wiped out almost all chances of North Korea medaling in wrestling.

Back to the Olympics,
    What makes the Olympics so important worldwide is also what makes it a travesty for the purist sports fan.
    The Olympics so important to the athletes is that the world is focused on them, in order to keep the world focused on the Olympics they have to appeal to the a wide audience many of which are not sports fans, so they focus on sports that are easy to understand (swimming) and ones that traditionally appeal to females such as diving and gymnatics (apologies to the lady wrestling fans on this site). This is also a reason you see so many "up close and personal" stories instead of the competitions.
    I love the Olympics but can't stand the coverage I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    It wasn't so much that North Korea won Gold at that weight as much as the fact that America could not do well at that weight and had no chance of winning a medal there. North Koreans pretty much owned a medal at that weight and US could not medal other than 84 Olympics. Also, whereas a country like Cuba has good wrestlers all around, North Korea was only really good at two weights and the best at 48kg, so cancelling 48kg effectively wiped out almost all chances of North Korea medaling in wrestling.
    Like I said, your logic now makes perfect sense.

If Russia wins medals in each weight class this year, it could mean the end to wrestling in the Olympics!
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Will we then become TheSwimmimgTalk.com?

good thing there's already FloSwimming.
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    good thing there's already FloSwimming.
    That sounds really really nasty
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Mayor of Bringsburg homerdindon's Avatar

Yeah, I think you might be right that I have those confused Champ. Either way, there's something wrong when someone in college can be a 30x All-American.
    "Now class, I'd like for you to transition from downward dog....straight to FULL BRING!!!"

I am actually excited to watch swimming, and track, and gymnastics, and equestrian and rowing and judo and all of it. Wrestling is obviously my favorite sport, but I love every second of the Olympics. I'd like for there to be more wrestling, but I don't think it's swimming's fault.