Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brockport

Olympic Champ

Default Re: Brockport

Unfortunately My opponent tweaked my knee in my first match in the second period. I won the first period and I was winning 1:0 in the second. I did a gut wrench on him but it was 50:50 as he was able to roll out of it and I didn't get the 2. He then ran at me and the whistle was blown out of bounds as I landed on my back. The ref said no points. It was overruled and he got the two. On my last takedown in the 2nd he really tweaked my knee and I had to slow down in the 3rd.

In the 2nd period I messed up. I thought if I scored last I would win the period but I forgot that because he had the two point move he wins it. I should have attacked him the last 15 seconds and I didn't.

I tried wrestling my second match but my knee was killing me and I had to stop. I don't think its really serious but it was hurt enough to slow me down.

It was my first fully wrestled freestyle match in 4 years so I will take it even if I lost to a Rutgers guy. I was kind of sloppy and I gave him too many points.

The way I look at it I scored as many points on him in the first 2 periods as the guy that took 2nd but I just gave up too many points and there were some questionable calls.

Some of these young guys wrestled really well. Just look at Irving and Keck. They have both placed top 5 at Nationals in the past and they both got beaten by the younger guys.

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Didn't Big used to go to Rutgers after Penn State?
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Olympic Champ

Before and after Penn State. I left and came back.

Olympic Champ

Did you graduate from Rutgers then?

It sounds like you are ready in principle to resume training at some point. It's good it wasn't anything major. At least you got in some healthy competition.

Olympic Champ

Yep, I graduated from Rutgers. Yeah I think this injury will get better in a week or two and I will keep training.

You showed a great deal of heart going out there and tangling with college aged guys after a four year hiatus. Well done Big. I hope your injury heals quickly.

Nice job getting back out and laying it on the line Big.

Nice headlock at the end of the first

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by rshear13 View Post
    Nice headlock at the end of the first
    Ha ha, I guess you are somebody that was there.
    At least it was an entertaining match. You don't often see 16 points scored in a HWT bout.