Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 27th Summer Universiade in Kazan

Default Re: 27th Summer Universiade in Kazan

A bit of a welcome to the big leagues experience for the North American guys. Russia dominating the first day. There is potential for a Tsargush/Taylor match tomorrow. This could get VERY interesting- Tsargush looked sloppy and unfit at nationals and is entered here as a late resplacement for the guy who beat him.

how are half these guys still in school? Israilpov? I thought the universiade was about progressing wrestlers?

gheorgita beats russian national champ kudyimagomadov, two big 3 pointers after being behind 6-0 at one point, fortune hits 2 big 3s for bronze, hadi beats khugaev for bronze.
    Kurbanaliev looked pretty good against sarafyan.
    Anyone have tomorrows draws?

I know it eos not matter whether the are still students or not it is strictly an age group touney, but I am surprised that Tsagush still qualifies for University and that he would still go to it?
    I would assume that Burroughs is within the age bracket as well.

84 kg Gheorghita, compare:

2010, a match in the German league, he is in red - "K.O. Sieg" Kurkiev-Gheogitha 2010 ASV Mainz vs. SVG Weingarten, Ringen / Wrestling - YouTube

today at the Universiade - Dartfish.tv - Channel FILA Wrestling videos

++++

84 Iran vs. Russia. I think - in the very last second of the match, the Iranian scored.
    Dartfish.tv - Channel FILA Wrestling videos

Quote Originally Posted by gbdaz View Post
    gheorgita beats russian national champ kudyimagomadov, two big 3 pointers after being behind 6-0 at one point

another view: Универсиада-2013_84 кг_финал_Стефан-Кудиямагомедов - YouTube

+++
    Compare Gheorghita's action at the end of the 1st period with those in the 2 videos above.
    Bad boy. )))
    Last edited by akzent; 07-11-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by akzent View Post
    84 kg Gheorghita, compare:

2010, a match in the German league, he is in red - "K.O. Sieg" Kurkiev-Gheogitha 2010 ASV Mainz vs. SVG Weingarten, Ringen / Wrestling - YouTube

today at the Universiade - Dartfish.tv - Channel FILA Wrestling videos

++++

84 Iran vs. Russia. I think - in the very last second of the match, the Iranian scored.

Ridiculous definite score, anyway at worlds it won't come down to a last minute score if he wrestles lashgari.

My understanding is the russians decided to send their national champions becausemany of them were such unsusected winners that they need to prove themselves before going to Sr Worlds. No idea what academic qualifications there are. Tsargush is a last minute entry as Khubetzy the national champ got hurt. Maybe he wants to impress the coaches after his brutal nationals preformance?