Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics

Default IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics

LAUSANNE, Switzerland: IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics - Olympics - MiamiHerald.com

WFT?

According to the article wrestling has been dropped and is now competing with seven other sports for one open slot.

Default Re: IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics

Ridiculous. At least trampoline, synchronized swimming, and rhythmic gymnastics are safe, though. God knows those are the real sports that the world cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by rustyshackleford View Post
    Ridiculous. At least trampoline, synchronized swimming, and rhythmic gymnastics are safe, though. God knows those are the real sports that the world cares about.
    Your list could include every synchronized sport and every other sport that didn't exist when wrestling was added to the Olympics in 700 B.C.

What a joke the IOC is. Why dont we just get it over with and make the X-Games the new olympics.

Was looking at ESPN at the end of my planning period at school and saw this pop up.

Literally astounded.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

was there supposed to be a photo? Can't see it.

good riddance to the ioc. they've been crapping on wrestling since 96. remember when there was a weight class for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by gutfirst View Post
    good riddance to the ioc. they've been crapping on wrestling since 96. remember when there was a weight class for everyone?
    This decision is stupid and awful and I hope it gets reversed. That said, I can't help thinking about what wrestling might look like without having to cater to the IOC's demands. Sufficient weight classes, seeded brackets, sudden-death overtime as the only tiebreaker... good times.

you cant have both. 10 weights; taking an opponent down, reversing position, exposing the back, lifting and displacing are the only ways to score points; longer matches; and scoring to break a tie will never exist with the ioc involved.