Thread: Paulson twins both wrestling freestyle at 74 kg

Default Paulson twins both wrestling freestyle at 74 kg

What would they do if they ended up wrestling for a spot on the olympic team against each other? I believe they've never actually wrestled each other in competition.

Default Re: Paulson twins both wrestling freestyle at 74 kg

Both making it to the finals is very remote. Will tournament directors keep them on the opposite side of the brackets?

Olympic Champ

I wondered about this too. In the last tournament they were in, one brother wrestled freestyle, the other Greco.

The Zadicks were in the same tournament in the same bracket a number of years ago (Midlands?). Having both made it to the championship match, they didn't wrestle but declared themselves co-champions (which didn't make sense to me).

Yeah, I realize it is very remote. I was just saying, "if" it did, how'd they handle that one? "You go this year, Trent" probably isn't going to solve it?

The bracketing is another question I had.. any recent tournaments (or any at all) where they aren't on opposite sides?

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    Yeah, I realize it is very remote. I was just saying, "if" it did, how'd they handle that one? "You go this year, Trent" probably isn't going to solve it?

The bracketing is another question I had.. any recent tournaments (or any at all) where they aren't on opposite sides?

Maybe they both go and take turns
    Nobody would ever know

When they met in the Fargo Greco finals. they were co-champs. I doubt that would fly at a serious international competition. Very good question.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I seem to remember reading somewhere that they alternate defaulting to each other or something like that because they refuse to wrestle each other in competitions. I also heard that Trent is going to try and make the cut to 145 but if he can't then one will switch to Greco at 163 to prevent having to default in the future.