Thread: Herbert

Default Herbert

Do you think he got jobbed or is he wrestling so wacky that he just exposes himself to freestyle points?

Also, I was surprised that he didn't think Sharipov was a top four in the world. The dude has won Gold the last 2 years and has a Bronze as well.

Default Re: Herbert

His attacks make him too vulnerable. Too one dimensional. He's been well scouted. He gets exposed WAY too much.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbard View Post
    Do you think he got jobbed or is he wrestling so wacky that he just exposes himself to freestyle points?
    I think he wrestled wacky and was jobbed. But if you listen to his interview on the videos above, he acknowledges the fact that he puts himself in poor positions. He will probably never be as successful as I hope, but I will always root for him.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    His attacks make him too vulnerable. Too one dimensional. He's been well scouted. He gets exposed WAY too much.
    This. The scoring in he second round of the Sharifov match missed 2 or 3 pts for Herbert, but he's been getting lit up for years. Also... lost to the Turk, which shouldn't happen IMO.

Sharifov is straight-up awesome at this point.

The whole 84 kg bracket was wild, guys throwing up points like it was the 80's again. Loved the double lung explosion match between Aldatov and Urishev; and the throwing fest/epic collapse between Espinal and Dato. Espinal then ragdolling Gatsiev around in the semis. A more conventional, but still excellent, semi between Sharifov and Lashgari. In the final, Sharifov pretty much hammers on the first opponent in two years to not be from a traditional wrestling power This bracket makes a good argument for a seeded draw; but then again, having someone like Espinal in the final is probably exactly what Fila wants.
    Last edited by arm-spin; 08-13-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Is there any where with the 84kg matches? I really wanna watch these