Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 London Olympics: 66/96 Freestyle Discussion

Default 2012 London Olympics: 66/96 Freestyle Discussion

Last day of competition, we get two more lopsided brackets.

http://www.london2012.com/wrestling/...6kg/index.html

Tushishvili, Kumar, and Shahin are all on the top part of the bracket and all in the same quarter. Kumar and Shahin wrestle in the first round. I like Kumar to make it through the quarter and to knock off whoever comes out of the top portion and make it to the final.

Frayer is in the third quarter. He has Shabanau the Belarusian in the first round. Winner of that match will likely have Hasanov.

Yonemitsu, Lopez, Taghavi, and Gogaev are all in the bottom quarter. Taghavi has Lopez first and then Yonemitsu if he wins. Despite the tough draw I like him to come out of this quarter to the semi's where I expect he'll have Hasanov.

http://www.london2012.com/wrestling/...6kg/index.html

I'm just going to say it now. If Varner was going to get a draw that would give him a path to the finals, I don't know if he could get a better one than he got here. He's got a tough first match against Kurbanov. Then the only other guy in the top part of the bracket with them is Gogshelidze.

Gazyumov has a first rounder with Sheikhau but assuming he gets past there he's got a solid path to the semi's.

The bottom quarter here might be the single toughest quarter of the entire Olympics. You've got Gadisov v. Tigiev in the prelims, winner gets Yazdani in the round of 16. Winner of that round of 16 match will probably get Balci in the quarters then the likely match with Gazyumov in the semi's.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Default Re: 2012 London Olympics: 66/96 Freestyle Discussion

Oooh Gadisov has it tough. Of course, he got through Muradov, Saidov, and Gatsalov at nationals which is basically just as tough. Varner better get to the finals with that draw!

Just so you guys know. Prelims start at 3:20 am Eastern time tomorrow morning, Bronze medal matches are scheduled for 7:45 so I think there will be a lot of rewatching being done tomorrow.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Anything less than silver for Varner will be a disappointment with this draw. I think he'll get this done.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

3:20!? Ho-lee..
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Woke up just in time for Varner's semifinal win over Geogleshizshde ... An Olympian performance of my own

Hurray for Varner! Can't watch the matches but I was following the results, going for Gold in a few hours here
    Gold is an idiot.

Facing Andriitsev from Ukraine... I don't think he has any big wins prior to today.
    Won the semis over Yazdani via injury default

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    Woke up just in time for Varner's semifinal win over Geogleshizshde ... An Olympian performance of my own
    I wonder if they keep Varner chained up somewhere ? Frigging BEAST !!
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.