Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2012 London Olympics: 66/96 Freestyle Discussion

Default Re: 2012 London Olympics: 66/96 Freestyle Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Feel for Yazdani. Crappy way to lose. Maybe he will hit the weight room to build up his obviously lacking strength.

In all seriousness I couldnt believe he even tried to wrestle after the initial injury. Tough dude.
    I love how they brought out the body board, he waves them away and then they spray down his knee for quite some time with some aerosol and when he is walking back to the middle they give a quick spray to the back of his head.

Jake Varner!!!! 2 golds for USA freestyle!
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

What the rules for push out? I had thought it was the first wrestler who any part of their body goes out of bounds.
    Varner's toe was out first before he recovered and push the Ukranian out
    Great sequence by Varner

I feel bad for yazdani, imo the best wrestler at 96kg, but at the end of the day no-one will know what happened today or the draws just that varner got gold ukraine got silver and gazyumov and gogshelidze got bronze.
    The final for me was in the 2nd round between gadisov and yazdani, what a match, then yazdani being 2-0 down against musaev with a messed up knee, takes him down twice and gets an exposure, beast.

Quote Originally Posted by gbdaz View Post
    then yazdani being 2-0 down against musaev with a messed up knee, takes him down twice and gets an exposure, beast.
    That was legitimately bad ass.

Need to go rewatch Varner's final now.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Congrats to Jake Varner! Just checking in after being gone for the weekend, looks like that 96 kg bracket went crazy! Pretty cool that Varner wont he gold medal. With him and burroughs leading the way this team is set up for quite a while.

Heard Garcia got bitten... that's just funnny. People in Canada have been accusing him of biting others for years. Can't wait to watch the thing, from looking at brackets there's a great lack of clinches. Also pumped that Japan won 66, if only because the rest of my predicitons went to hell.

They must be going crazy over in Russa. No medal at 66, 84 or 96? Just brutal. Bad draws, bla bla bla, I can't imagine they are very happy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    No medal at 66, 84 or 96? Just brutal. Bad draws, bla bla bla, I can't imagine they are very happy right now.
    This reminds me I need to try and track down Urishev's match against Aldatov. I read that Urishev gassed horribly in the second to allow Aldatov to force a third, but then Aldatov gassed more allowing Urishev to win the third.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    This reminds me I need to try and track down Urishev's match against Aldatov. I read that Urishev gassed horribly in the second to allow Aldatov to force a third, but then Aldatov gassed more allowing Urishev to win the third.
    This is basically what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    They must be going crazy over in Russa. No medal at 66, 84 or 96? Just brutal. Bad draws, bla bla bla, I can't imagine they are very happy right now.
    Few weeks back, I posted a photo of Kudukhov from the training camp and wrote he looked like a bodybuilder. ))) That is what everybody who has visited the camp says now: they got over-trained there, too much focused on physical training. They arrived tired in London. No-one except for Otarsultanov could breathe properly afte 2-3 minutes of wrestling.
    Not only the wrestlers form the Russian team, but also those (Russian export to other countries) who joined the camp, Gazyumov for instance. Did you see him today?! After the quarters he lost to Andriitsev, he couldn't even walk, had to be helped. He had very low blood pressure and got carried to a medical center. (He thought Andriitsev would no way beat Yazdani in the semis, so he couldn't wrestle back. But on the way to the medical center, he get a phone call with the news Yazdani got injured and was going to withdraw, so he decided to use his chance for bronze medal and he returned to the hall. You possibly watched his match vs. Tajikistan; Gazyumov was almost dead).

Otrasultanov is the only exception because he was the only one team member who didn't practice with the team. He was in the camp but since he had a leg injury (he got at the nationals), he had his own individual training program and didn't participate in the training sessions of the team. That's why he could breathe at London.