Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2012 London Olympics: 66/96 Freestyle Discussion

Default Re: 2012 London Olympics: 66/96 Freestyle Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by trr121 View Post
    Yonemitsu bit Garcias finger too & immediately after his finger was bleeding
    So a battle of cannibals in the final at 66.

Cy, repechage matches just started. Varner probably won't wrestle until about 9:30. They've got to get through all the wrestle back matches, both bronze matches at 66, the gold at 66, and both bronze at 96 before he wrestles.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I was wondering wthwas going on . I've been waiting for Varner 's match forever it seems .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Someone posted he would wrestle at 6:48. sorry, thank you
    "I like my antiques new " - Steve Martin

Quote Originally Posted by zappacy View Post
    Someone posted he would wrestle at 6:48. sorry, thank you
    My bad I did not realize when I saw the time that it was the beginning of the final round.

Tanatarov and Lopez win the bronze matches at 66.

Lopez gave up a takedown in the third with about 30 seconds left that looked like it had lost him the match, but he came back off the restart and shot his way into a bodylock and slammed Hasanov to his back for 5 and the fall.

Feel for Hasanov, great wrestler but he's truly turned losing big matches into an art form over the last few years.

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    My bad I did not realize when I saw the time that it was the beginning of the final round.
    No problem
    "I like my antiques new " - Steve Martin

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Tanatarov and Lopez win the bronze matches at 66.

Lopez gave up a takedown in the third with about 30 seconds left that looked like it had lost him the match, but he came back off the restart and shot his way into a bodylock and slammed Hasanov to his back for 5 and the fall.

Feel for Hasanov, great wrestler but he's truly turned losing big matches into an art form over the last few years.
    Two awesome bronze medal matches at 66!!

Yonemitsu wins the battle of the biters and gets the Gold at 66 kilos in straight periods.

Very impressive, very explosive leg attacks.

Yonemitsu did not bite Garcia. Garcia shoved his hand in his mouth (it was very obvious on the replay) and got cautioned for it.

Dave Mckay tried to protest the caution and the officials were laughing at him, lol.