Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 45 of 78

Thread: 2012 London Olympic Games: 66/96 kg discussion

  1. #37
    Super Moderator Dart Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Brighton, MN
    Posts
    2,866

    Default re: 2012 London Olympic Games: 66/96 kg discussion

    I guess you weren't looking for pinches, hooks and the whole throw your leg up in the air as someone tries to lift you. I don't have the benefit of video to re-watch the match, but from where I was sitting, I clearly said it could have gone either way.

    I think your observation about guys doing it all day is also flawed. Not once did I see anyone turn anyone in the way which was called in the match in question. This was CLEARLY below the waist for the turn. There was no "split second." I don't favor Iran or France in this situation. I'm just telling you it from an unbiased perspective.

    He turned him below the waist, clear as day, just as dirtyholt so eloquently explained it. You might have a gripe about the first period, but there's no defense for the turn using the legs in the second period. Clear as a glass fence.

  2. #38

    Default re: 2012 London Olympic Games: 66/96 kg discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dart Shark View Post
    If this were a regular World Championship, Russia would have won the team title. 5 medals for a total of 45 points (2 Gold -20; 1 Silver - 9, two bronze 16)
    Iran had three golds for 30 points and another top 10 finisher, which gave them 34.
    Olympics is always the highest number of gold medals, but i think you knew that.

    Next we're gonna hear how much better folkstyle is... or how Angle won a gold medal... lol


    I just feel really sorry for Abdvali. A good wrestler who lost due to prejudice and politics. He is the real Olympic champ!

    Rezaei is from my city ha.
    Last edited by JudoWrestler; 08-08-2012 at 12:28 PM.

  3. #39
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default re: 2012 London Olympic Games: 66/96 kg discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoWrestler View Post
    Olympics is always the highest number of gold medals, but i think you knew that.

    Next we're gonna hear how much better folkstyle is... lol


    I just feel really sorry for Abdvali. A good wrestler who lost due to prejudice and politics. He is the real Olympic champ!

    Rezaei is from my city ha.
    No team medals or standings kept at the Olympics you should know that

  4. #40

    Default re: 2012 London Olympic Games: 66/96 kg discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    No team medals or standings kept at the Olympics you should know that
    In the Olympics there is a country team competition for golds across all sports. You should know this, you keep losing to China ha.

    So we can interpolate that a sports team competition is based on number of gold medals.

    BBC Sport - London 2012 Olympics - Medals in Wrestling

  5. #41
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default re: 2012 London Olympic Games: 66/96 kg discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoWrestler View Post
    In the Olympics there is a country team competition for golds across all sports. You should know this, you keep losing to China ha.

    So we can interpolate that a sports team competition is based on number of gold medals.
    There is no official competition between countries, but media outlets like to report the country with the most medals as winning the Olympics while others use the most golds.

    Personally I would rather see the US win more Golds than the most emdals.

    If you stop being an ass for a second, I would like to ask you a serious question about Iranian wrestling, do Iranians really care about Greco? In the US my feelings is that Men's Freestyle performances are the only ones that matter. Getting medals in Greco or Women's is nice, but they are really insignificant compared to Freestyle.

  6. #42

    Default re: 2012 London Olympic Games: 66/96 kg discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    There is no official competition between countries, but media outlets like to report the country with the most medals as winning the Olympics while others use the most golds.

    Personally I would rather see the US win more Golds than the most emdals.

    If you stop being an ass for a second, I would like to ask you a serious question about Iranian wrestling, do Iranians really care about Greco? In the US my feelings is that Men's Freestyle performances are the only ones that matter. Getting medals in Greco or Women's is nice, but they are really insignificant compared to Freestyle.


    Yes, of course they care about Greco. When America won the Greco team title in 2010 I saw Americans caring.

  7. #43
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,968

    Default re: 2012 London Olympic Games: 66/96 kg discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoWrestler View Post
    Yes, of course they care about Greco. When America won the Greco team title in 2010 I saw Americans caring.
    So you are saying that Greco is as important as Freestyle in Iran..it is not even close in the US. Yes, we are always happy when US wins but very few people wrestle or understand Greco even a little. I remember the US won a team title in Greco but I thought that is was longer ago than that. Sad to see how quickly our team has fallen.

  8. #44

    Default re: 2012 London Olympic Games: 66/96 kg discussion

    It was in 07, not in 2010
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  9. #45

    Default re: 2012 London Olympic Games: 66/96 kg discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    So you are saying that Greco is as important as Freestyle in Iran..it is not even close in the US. Yes, we are always happy when US wins but very few people wrestle or understand Greco even a little. I remember the US won a team title in Greco but I thought that is was longer ago than that. Sad to see how quickly our team has fallen.
    Jensens says 07. I thought it was more recent than that. I am no expert, but I think traditionally freestyle is more popular. Although it may be a regional thing where certain regions like different styles more, I heard Abdvali is from a region where they prefer greco. Also people tend (In every culture) too like the sport they win at.

Tags for this Thread

abdevali, abdevali - wrestling 2012 london, abdevali bad referee greco-roman, abdevali filla, abdevali iran france 2012, abdevali london ref wrestling, abdevali olympics london, abdevali referee, abdevali refree, abdevali vs france olympic 2012 66, abdevali vs guenot 2012, abdevali wrestling, abdvali, abdvali 66kg referee, abdvali olympics referee, abdvali referee, abdvali wrestling 2012, abdvali wrestling referee, abdvali wrestling refree, bad referee for iranian wrestler, belarus referee french wrestler iran judgment, fila abdevali 2012 olympics referee, iran 66 kg olympic referee france, iran greco-roman wrestling beats french, iran position in olympic games, iran wrestling abdvali, irani wrestlers abdevali an with france petition, iranian in london olympic, iranian vs. france wrestler, iranian wrestler loses against french, iranian wrestler referee, iranian wrestlers with france petition, lidberg totrov, london 2012 wrestling abdevali, olympic 2012 abdevali referee, olympics 2012 abdvali wrestling iran france referee, olympics iran bad referee wrestling, referee in greco roman wrestling abdevali, referee mistake greco-roman wrestling lidberg, referee of abdevali, referee wrestling iran france, refree fro abdevali, role of referee wrestlling iran france 66 kg 2012 london, the name of the refree of the wresteling game of abdevali, totrov vs. rezaei video, wrestling abdevali french, wrestling abdevali london 2012 referee, wrestling abdevali referee 66kg, wrestling abdvali, wrestling iran

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •