Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 London Olympic Games: 66/96 kg discussion

Default re: 2012 London Olympic Games: 66/96 kg discussion

I guess you weren't looking for pinches, hooks and the whole throw your leg up in the air as someone tries to lift you. I don't have the benefit of video to re-watch the match, but from where I was sitting, I clearly said it could have gone either way.

I think your observation about guys doing it all day is also flawed. Not once did I see anyone turn anyone in the way which was called in the match in question. This was CLEARLY below the waist for the turn. There was no "split second." I don't favor Iran or France in this situation. I'm just telling you it from an unbiased perspective.

He turned him below the waist, clear as day, just as dirtyholt so eloquently explained it. You might have a gripe about the first period, but there's no defense for the turn using the legs in the second period. Clear as a glass fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Shark View Post
    If this were a regular World Championship, Russia would have won the team title. 5 medals for a total of 45 points (2 Gold -20; 1 Silver - 9, two bronze 16)
    Iran had three golds for 30 points and another top 10 finisher, which gave them 34.
    Olympics is always the highest number of gold medals, but i think you knew that.

Next we're gonna hear how much better folkstyle is... or how Angle won a gold medal... lol

I just feel really sorry for Abdvali. A good wrestler who lost due to prejudice and politics. He is the real Olympic champ!

Rezaei is from my city ha.
    Last edited by JudoWrestler; 08-08-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoWrestler View Post
    Olympics is always the highest number of gold medals, but i think you knew that.

Next we're gonna hear how much better folkstyle is... lol

I just feel really sorry for Abdvali. A good wrestler who lost due to prejudice and politics. He is the real Olympic champ!

Rezaei is from my city ha.
    No team medals or standings kept at the Olympics you should know that

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    No team medals or standings kept at the Olympics you should know that
    In the Olympics there is a country team competition for golds across all sports. You should know this, you keep losing to China ha.

So we can interpolate that a sports team competition is based on number of gold medals.

BBC Sport - London 2012 Olympics - Medals in Wrestling

In the Olympics there is a country team competition for golds across all sports. You should know this, you keep losing to China ha.

So we can interpolate that a sports team competition is based on number of gold medals.
    There is no official competition between countries, but media outlets like to report the country with the most medals as winning the Olympics while others use the most golds.

Personally I would rather see the US win more Golds than the most emdals.

If you stop being an ass for a second, I would like to ask you a serious question about Iranian wrestling, do Iranians really care about Greco? In the US my feelings is that Men's Freestyle performances are the only ones that matter. Getting medals in Greco or Women's is nice, but they are really insignificant compared to Freestyle.

There is no official competition between countries, but media outlets like to report the country with the most medals as winning the Olympics while others use the most golds.

Personally I would rather see the US win more Golds than the most emdals.

If you stop being an ass for a second, I would like to ask you a serious question about Iranian wrestling, do Iranians really care about Greco? In the US my feelings is that Men's Freestyle performances are the only ones that matter. Getting medals in Greco or Women's is nice, but they are really insignificant compared to Freestyle.

Yes, of course they care about Greco. When America won the Greco team title in 2010 I saw Americans caring.

Yes, of course they care about Greco. When America won the Greco team title in 2010 I saw Americans caring.
    So you are saying that Greco is as important as Freestyle in Iran..it is not even close in the US. Yes, we are always happy when US wins but very few people wrestle or understand Greco even a little. I remember the US won a team title in Greco but I thought that is was longer ago than that. Sad to see how quickly our team has fallen.

It was in 07, not in 2010
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

So you are saying that Greco is as important as Freestyle in Iran..it is not even close in the US. Yes, we are always happy when US wins but very few people wrestle or understand Greco even a little. I remember the US won a team title in Greco but I thought that is was longer ago than that. Sad to see how quickly our team has fallen.
    Jensens says 07. I thought it was more recent than that. I am no expert, but I think traditionally freestyle is more popular. Although it may be a regional thing where certain regions like different styles more, I heard Abdvali is from a region where they prefer greco. Also people tend (In every culture) too like the sport they win at.