Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 London Olympics: 55/74 Greco Results & Discussion

Default 2012 London Olympics: 55/74 Greco Results & Discussion

Last edited by JensenS; 08-04-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Default Re: 74 GR - Olympics

Tough side of the bracket with Vlasov vs Madsen first. Also has Bacsi and Cebi on that side.

Default Re: 2012 London Olympics: 55/74 Greco Results & Discussion

There is no easy draws in greco, but that's especially nasty. I still have Vlasoev to win, but he has his work cut out for him. Perhaps a semi vs Cebi?

Sourian has Hasegawa from Japan early on, arguably the worst possible matchup as he has lost to him several times.

Thoughts on American draws?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Default Re: 74 GR - Olympics

Tough draw for Spenser with a match with Bayramov likely in his second match.

You're right that top half at 74 is brutal. Will be interesting to see who comes out of the bottom. I guess on paper you'd have to favor Julfulakyan
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Agreed but Zugaj and Kikinou are good too I think. The young Georgian tossed Madsen and flying squirelled one of the other top guys at the Olympic qualifier, might be exciting if he makes it. Has a second round match up with Provisor, I think, provided Provisor beats the Cuban. I think the Cuban beat him at the qualifiers but I'm not sure.

I'm puling for Sourian to win at 55 but, like Kudukhov, I suspect the pressure might get to him.

Anybody know (in hours) how long until the competition starts?
    Last edited by arm-spin; 08-04-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Preliminaries are listed on NBC's site as coming up at 8 am tomorrow morning eastern time.

So about 13.5
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.