View Poll Results: Who will win at 96 kg?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gadisov- Russia

    9 36.00%
  • Yadzani- Iran

    10 40.00%
  • Gayzumov- Azerbayjan

    1 4.00%
  • Gogchelidze- Georgia

    0 0%
  • Balci- Turkey

    0 0%
  • Varner- USA

    5 20.00%
  • Tigiev- Uzbekistan

    0 0%
  • other

    0 0%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 59

Thread: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

    This weight has the "big 3" of Yazdani, Gayzumov and Gadisov, plus a huge amount of depth behind it. Should be some awesome matches. I'll go with Gadisov- the Russians seem to just own this weight come Olympic time.

  2. #2

    Default Re: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

    Yaz
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  3. #3

    Default Re: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

    Gayzumov.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

  4. #4

    Default Re: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

    no Sheikhov ?

  5. #5

    Default Re: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    no Sheikhov ?
    That's the guy who beat an injured Gayzumov en route to bronze last year right? Does he have other major accomplishments?

  6. #6

    Default Re: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    That's the guy who beat an injured Gayzumov en route to bronze last year right? Does he have other major accomplishments?
    He is a 3 time World Bronze medalist, 2006, 2010 and 2011, his accomplishments are surely better than Varner's for example. he beat Gazyumov (injured ? I don't think so) last year and almost beat Yazdani in next match. not a gold medal favourite but still more dangerous than Varner or Balci, at least for me.

    even Kurban Kurbanov is better than these guys in my opinion. but I know he lost his credit after losing to Nigerian wrestler.

  7. #7

    Default Re: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    He is a 3 time World Bronze medalist, 2006, 2010 and 2011, his accomplishments are surely better than Varner's for example. he beat Gazyumov (injured ? I don't think so) last year and almost beat Yazdani in next match. not a gold medal favourite but still more dangerous than Varner or Balci, at least for me.

    even Kurban Kurbanov is better than these guys in my opinion. but I know he lost his credit after losing to Nigerian wrestler.
    Kurbanov was injured in the nigerian match, he looked like whe was struggling to walk, i agree kurbanov is usually one of the top guys, huge at the weight.

  8. #8

    Default Re: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by gbdaz View Post
    Kurbanov was injured in the nigerian match, he looked like whe was struggling to walk, i agree kurbanov is usually one of the top guys, huge at the weight.
    yes I know but honestly I can't buy this injury excuse for major tournaments. if you compete, you are supposed to be healthy. btw some wrestlers fake injury when they lose.

  9. #9

    Default Re: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

    Gayzumov was limping pretty good in his loss to Sheikov, and akzent confirmed serious knee injury if I remember correctly. Nevertheless your point about Sheikov beloning on the list is well taken . I'll try to figure out how to update the poll and add him when I have time.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •