View Poll Results: Who will win at 96 kg?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gadisov- Russia

    9 36.00%
  • Yadzani- Iran

    10 40.00%
  • Gayzumov- Azerbayjan

    1 4.00%
  • Gogchelidze- Georgia

    0 0%
  • Balci- Turkey

    0 0%
  • Varner- USA

    5 20.00%
  • Tigiev- Uzbekistan

    0 0%
  • other

    0 0%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 46 to 54 of 59

Thread: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

  1. #46

    Default Re: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    None of the US fans are saying Varner is the best wrestler at 96. At the Olympic toutnament, he earned Gold and adding that to his World Bronze puts him in the discussion. I dot think many of would squawk if you ranked him as the 7th best gold medalists.... but saying that the real final was aprelim match is just wrong and ignorant about what makes wrestling great...you win on the mat
    The best 2 guys in the world wrestled, so i'd say that is the real final, like if burroughs wrestled tsargush in the first round.

  2. #47

    Default Re: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

    Yes, except for the part where one of the two best would actually...win the tournament(Burroughs won) Whereas with 96, neither of the "best two" won.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  3. #48

    Default Re: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Yes, except for the part where one of the two best would actually...win the tournament(Burroughs won) Whereas with 96, neither of the "best two" won.
    But they didn't wrestle in the 1st/2nd round.

  4. #49

    Default Re: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

    So? They're the best, meaning they shouldnt lose to anyone after that match? Right?

    Maybe it's different wherever you follow sports, but in America if you win, you're the best

    The new york Giants barely made the playoffs, beat a dominant 15-1 Green Bay team, and went on to win the super bowl. nobody thinks less of that championship(in america) because they were a wild card team or they lost to the Redskins(twice). In America, it's about being your Best when it MATTERS MOST. Varner was. Yaz wasn't.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  5. #50

    Default Re: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    So? They're the best, meaning they shouldnt lose to anyone after that match? Right?

    Maybe it's different wherever you follow sports, but in America if you win, you're the best

    The new york Giants barely made the playoffs, beat a dominant 15-1 Green Bay team, and went on to win the super bowl. nobody thinks less of that championship(in america) because they were a wild card team or they lost to the Redskins(twice). In America, it's about being your Best when it MATTERS MOST. Varner was. Yaz wasn't.
    Keep telling yourself that, yazdani and gadisov were by far the best wrestlers on the day, both would've beat varner, i'm not going to argue anymore, it won't change anything, imo varner isn't number 1 and isn't top5 in the world, they may as well have handed that medal over when he weighed in.

  6. #51

    Default Re: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by gbdaz View Post
    Keep telling yourself that, yazdani and gadisov were by far the best wrestlers on the day, both would've beat varner, i'm not going to argue anymore, it won't change anything, imo varner isn't number 1 and isn't top5 in the world, they may as well have handed that medal over when he weighed in.
    If Varner had lost to one of the other 5 wrestlers in the world that are better than him in the finals and gotten a silver then I might have to agree with you, and just be thankful that he got the draw that he did and made the finals. However Varner WON, he beat everyone he faced on his side of the bracket, and then won the guy that won the other side of the bracket. If he wasn't even the best wrestler that day then why didn't the the best wrestler win it all? Perhaps on THAT day he wasn't the best wrestler?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

  7. #52

    Default Re: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by gbdaz View Post
    Keep telling yourself that, yazdani and gadisov were by far the best wrestlers on the day, both would've beat varner, i'm not going to argue anymore, it won't change anything, imo varner isn't number 1 and isn't top5 in the world, they may as well have handed that medal over when he weighed in.
    Keep telling yourself whatever you want. American Jake Varner won the tournament and wears Olympic Goal.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  8. #53

    Default Re: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

    Could gbdaz have a point in saying that Varner may not be the best 96 kg wrestler in the world? Maybe. But I don't think you're giving him enough credit. All that Varner can do is wrestle who is put in front of him, and that's what he did. In the final, he beat the wrestler who came out on top of the other side of the bracket. And at the end of the day, Jake Varner is still an Olympic gold medalist who earned his title just like anyone else did - by winning. That's how I see it. Nobody else in the bracket won all of their matches that day except for Jake Varner.
    Am I cool now?

  9. #54

    Default Re: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

    I have no problem with people who think Yazdani would have won had he not been hurt. As regards Gadisov, though, he has shown repeatedly that he can lose matches he probably shouldn't. He was up with a few seconds left and chose to get into a scramble that he lost.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •