View Poll Results: Who will win at 96 kg?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gadisov- Russia

9 36.00%
  • Yadzani- Iran

10 40.00%
  • Gayzumov- Azerbayjan

1 4.00%
  • Gogchelidze- Georgia

0 0%
  • Balci- Turkey

0 0%
  • Varner- USA

5 20.00%
  • Tigiev- Uzbekistan

0 0%
  • other

0 0%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

Default Re: 96 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    You predicted Burroughs to lose(wrong) You said anyone picking Varner to win was a joke(wrong) You said Taghavi would win(didn't win a match). You predicted Yaz to win(wrong) Though I picked yaz as well.

I don't claim to get everything right, but I know when I'm wrong. And I sure don't claim to be an authority on something(or belittle others knowledge) when all my predictions really only reflect personal bias and not actual knowledge.
    No, I said the final was a joke. I think Gadisov and Yazdani are the best at 96kg, I actually had Gadisov to win. I was surprised Yazdani beat him. Varner just won the lottery, although beating gog was impressive.

I don't recall saying Taghavi would win. I think he is good, but inconsistent.

I think we all know my opinion on Burroughs. At this level you don't see such a big difference in speed and power without some assistance. This reminds me of kids wrestling where one has clearly hit puberty faster than the others.

Stay classy, LIJudo.

Certain guys peak for the World Cup, other guys for the Olympic Games. We know which one Varner found more important.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoWrestler View Post
    No, I said the final was a joke. I think Gadisov and Yazdani are the best at 96kg, I actually had Gadisov to win. I was surprised Yazdani beat him. Varner just owon the lottery, although beating gog was impressive.

I think we all know my opinion on Burroughs. At this level you don't see such a big difference in speed and power without some assistance. This reminds me of kids wrestling where one has clearly hit puberty faster than the others.
    In post 10 of this thread on page 2 you said you didn't think anyone would pick Varner except for a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoWrestler View Post
    No, I said the final was a joke. I think Gadisov and Yazdani are the best at 96kg, I actually had Gadisov to win. I was surprised Yazdani beat him. Varner just won the lottery, although beating gog was impressive.

I bumped your erroneous taghavi prediction the other day.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by gbdaz View Post
    And the yazdani/gadisov match was awesome, the real final.
    None of the US fans are saying Varner is the best wrestler at 96. At the Olympic toutnament, he earned Gold and adding that to his World Bronze puts him in the discussion. I dot think many of would squawk if you ranked him as the 7th best gold medalists.... but saying that the real final was aprelim match is just wrong and ignorant about what makes wrestling great...you win on the mat

96gadisov yazdani - YouTube

Yazdani- Gadisov

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    In post 10 of this thread on page 2 you said you didn't think anyone would pick Varner except for a joke.
    Ha, i forgot about that. I think this comment would stand true, I mean if the brackets didn't magically appears with all the best guys on the bottom. A reoccuring coincidense through the freestyle competition.

So how do you explain Goudarzi's draw the past two years where he is away from the top two guys in the world each time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.