View Poll Results: Who will win at 74 kg?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Burroughs- USA

22 68.75%
  • Tsargush- Russia

5 15.63%
  • Goudrazi- Iran

2 6.25%
  • Gentry- Canada

2 6.25%
  • other

1 3.13%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 74 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

Default Re: 74 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

Winning? no, but i think he could medal by beating one of the top guys, just all 3 in one day not a chance

I don't think Gentry will win either. However, I think you could make the argument that he is the #4 wrestler in the weight at the current time. None of the Eastern Block wrestlers (other than Tsargush) are all that impressive, and Gentry is on a great roll winning several tournaments in a row. People at the Canada Cup and training camps have noted that Burroughs backed out of the Canada cup and chose not to train with Gentry when he had the chance. Seems that the best in the world are at least taking Gentry seriously as an opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    I don't think Gentry will win either. However, I think you could make the argument that he is the #4 wrestler in the weight at the current time. None of the Eastern Block wrestlers (other than Tsargush) are all that impressive, and Gentry is on a great roll winning several tournaments in a row. People at the Canada Cup and training camps have noted that Burroughs backed out of the Canada cup and chose not to train with Gentry when he had the chance. Seems that the best in the world are at least taking Gentry seriously as an opponent.
    My point was never that he's not a very solid wrestler, nor someone to be disrespected or taken lightly. Just that there were 2 people saying he was their pick to win confused me and made me wonder if I had missed something. I've always thought he was fine and formidable. Just not up there to bypass the big 3.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Looks like Burroughs is the heavy favourite (judging from this poll)... it's gonna make it even funnier for me when he gets beat ha

Quote Originally Posted by JudoWrestler View Post
    Looks like Burroughs is the heavy favourite (judging from this poll)... it's gonna make it even funnier for me when he gets beat ha
    Kinda like your world cup prediction? Keep your hot streak rolling.

In my mind, Tsargush beating Burroughs would be a mild upset (I'd favor JB 60-40 or so). Anyone else winning would be a big surprise.

Judo, I understand why an Iranian fan doesn't want an American to win, but I don't get your specific dislike for Burroughs. In my mind, anyone who wrestles with speed and aggression and scores a lot of points is fun to watch, regardless of nationality.

This is too easy

ha indeed.

Good job Burroughs. I watched the Gentry match before I took off for the weekend- heartbreaker from a Canadian perspective, so damn close. Gentry was talking retiring, but I hope he doesn't. He had a great preformance this weekend.