View Poll Results: Who will win at 55 kg?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Otarsultranov- Russia

12 50.00%
  • Yang- North Korea

2 8.33%
  • Velikov- Bulgaria

1 4.17%
  • Ramihi- Iran

3 12.50%
  • Mansurov- Uzbekistna

1 4.17%
  • Khinegashvilli- Georgia

1 4.17%
  • other

4 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 55 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

Default 55 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

If someone else wants to post a full preview I'm sure it would be appreciated; I don't have the time or energy.

My pick is Otarsultranov; I think he's been the second best wrestler on Earth at this weight for a while now and will finally be #1. Love his style too, heavy handed with a lot of throws and turns from on top.

Default Re: 55 kg freestyle- Olympic predictions

Love the poll Arm Spin I think you should do the same for the other 6 weights. I like Ostarsultranov a lot as well. His Russian tournament matches were great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Got to go with Otarsultanov as well.

Like I've said in the past I've always enjoyed watching him even going back to 5-6 years ago when he was butting heads with Cejudo.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

What are the odds that Haze earns a medal at this weight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

I saw a post on twitter today that Otarsultranov hurt his knee. They are considering putting Lebedev in for him. twitter handle is Ivan_FSwrestling. I don't know who he is but seems close to russian national team.

otarsultanov got injured at a the nationals or short after. he has practiced only a few times since then.
    rumors say there will be a trial otarsultanov v. lebedev.

Quote Originally Posted by karamazov View Post
    I saw a post on twitter today that Otarsultranov hurt his knee. They are considering putting Lebedev in for him. twitter handle is Ivan_FSwrestling. I don't know who he is but seems close to russian national team.
    The same Twitter account is suggesting Lebedev beat Kudukov (not Otarsultranov) in a practice match and is now going to be on the Russian team. I don't really "get" Twitter but the same guy seems to be encouraging Burroughs to beat Tsargush and trash talking the other American competitors.

Sucks for Otarsultranov if true.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    The same Twitter account is suggesting Lebedev beat Kudukov (not Otarsultranov) in a practice match
    July 6, it was a 3 periods match; the score was like 1:0, 0:1, 1:0 (or 1:1); all point in action, no clinches.
    http://wrestrus.ru/media/get/18326/view/

Some fans say Kudukov was recently too much focused on physical training what he actually never did before. He looks almost like a bodybuilder now and seems to have problems with this. Here a photo from the same practice:
    http://wrestrus.ru/media/get/18343/view/

they announced the team
    55- Otarsultranov