Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: World Greco Rankings

Default Re: World Greco Rankings

Albiev vs Noroozi would sure be an exciting match, I predict that the 60kg class in London will provide some very good matches.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Awesome post Koopa! I also think Iran is the favorite, but if one of their "big 3" lightweights stumbles then Russia or even Turkey or Azarbayjan could catch them. My thoughts on each weights rankings:
    Iran also has good wrestlers in 84, 96 and 120. Iranian 74kg wrestlers suck though ! actually I think Akhlaghi in 84 is Iran's best chance for Olympic gold. mostly because he is not under pressure. I see only Avluca, Rachyba and Russian wrestler as threat for him in Olympic Games.

Rezaei in 96kg was in AliAkbari's shadow for 2 years, it doesn't mean he is weak, even though he is far from AliAkbari and B. Ghorbani. last year he received a bad draw (with Isreal) and didn't wrestle.

120 - to me Babajanzadeh is stronger than Byers and maybe even Tinaliyev. I rank him 5th at the world behind Lopez, Kayaalp, Baroev and Patrikeev.

This is my ranking
    55, Sourian, Hasegawa, Bayramov, Choi, Mankiev
    60, Noroozi, Kebispayev, Jung, Angelov, Aliyev
    66, Abdevali, Tskhadaia, Kim, Lorincz, Lester
    74, Vlasov, Cebi, Julfalakyan, Bacsi, Huseynov
    84, Akhlaghi, Avluca, Rachyba, Khugaev, Janikowski
    96, Aleksanyan, Totrov, Guri, Lidberg, Abdelfatah
    120, Lopez, Kayaalp, Patrikeev, Baroev, Babajanzadeh
    Last edited by jimbo; 06-19-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Koopa, great post. Your greco I.Q is very high!

Haha thank you, it's nice that we have a forum where we can discuss about wrestler rankings eventhough wrestling doesen't get too much attention from the media.

koopa, great insight. but, wishful thinking with Akhlaghi at 84. why did you leave semilov off of your list? him scoring at the end of the 3rd period in the world finals made me a believer in him.

Like I said earlier, before the 2011 worlds, Selimov hadn't been in the top ranks for a while unlike the other wrestlers in my list, who have been competing at big tournaments for some time now. Also he didn't perform too well at the recent World Cup. But I do believe that he will do good in London and go up in my list.

Some of the guys listed in the 84-kg rankings will wrestle today at Pytlasinski in Poland. Start in 15 min, 13:00 local time.

http://almanach-sportu.pl/pdf/krzyzowka_207_84.pdf
    Janikowski and Gaber in the upper part; Khugaev in the bottom part.

online stream - http://www.pytlasinski2012.zapasy.org.pl//video.html

Thanks for the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by akzent View Post
    Some of the guys listed in the 84-kg rankings will wrestle today at Pytlasinski in Poland. Start in 15 min, 13:00 local time.

http://almanach-sportu.pl/pdf/krzyzowka_207_84.pdf
    Janikowski and Gaber in the upper part; Khugaev in the bottom part.

online stream - http://www.pytlasinski2012.zapasy.org.pl//video.html

Great

Karam Gaber - Janikowski are on mat right now

Edit
    Janikowski won 2-0 (gut wrench) 0-3 (3points throw in parterre) 1-0 (b defending)
    Last edited by jimbo; 06-23-2012 at 08:14 AM.