Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Russian FS Nationals

Default Re: 2012 Russian FS Nationals

Again... unnecessary. No need for this great thread to turn into a pointless argument. Lots of more interesting things to discuss. With Otarsultranov be the Olympic representative? Have we seen the last of Adam Saitiev? What is Gatsalov's legacy and will he keep wrestling? How will Kudukhov handle the pressure of the Olympics?

I know otarsulatnov is an accomplished international competitor but surely lebedev being a reigning 2 time champ and being ill must count for something? I think this is it for gatsalov and satiev for serious goals.

They kept Gatsalov home at the last Olympics, I can't imagine why they wouldn't do the same thing with Lebedev here.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Also Murtazaliev over B. Saitiev, Sajidov over A. Saitiev, Ketoev over Sajidov, and so on. I know they have excused some wrestlers from the nationals in recent years (with mixed results- no one was excused this year) but I can't think of many examples were a wrestler who actually got beat in the nationals was the representative. All that come to mind is Gatsalov (after losing in clinches to Saidov) and Sajidov one year (after injury defaulting finals, I think). Again, both of these cases didn't result in a gold medal. It sucks that Lebedev may not be 100%, but if he isn't now why assume he will be at the Olympics?

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Also Murtazaliev over B. Saitiev, Sajidov over A. Saitiev, Ketoev over Sajidov, and so on. I know they have excused some wrestlers from the nationals in recent years (with mixed results- no one was excused this year) but I can't think of many examples were a wrestler who actually got beat in the nationals was the representative. All that come to mind is Gatsalov (after losing in clinches to Saidov) and Sajidov one year (after injury defaulting finals, I think). Again, both of these cases didn't result in a gold medal. It sucks that Lebedev may not be 100%, but if he isn't now why assume he will be at the Olympics?
    Apparently he had carbon monoxide poisioning, no doubt that will affect conditioning.

No doubt. That sucks.

I might have to change my vote for Golden PYlon. I tried to watch some Gogaev matches. My goodness, that was painful.

Carbon Monoxide poisoning? How could that have happened? Or is this like when that south korean soccer coach said his soccer team was struck by lightning, and thats why they lost in the world cup.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Carbon Monoxide poisoning? How could that have happened? Or is this like when that south korean soccer coach said his soccer team was struck by lightning, and thats why they lost in the world cup.

He almost died. He pulled his kids out of his house and saved them almost dying (like all dads would do) in the process.

His house got poisoning. It happens. Some places more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbard View Post
    He almost died. He pulled his kids out of his house and saved them almost dying (like all dads would do) in the process.

His house got poisoning. It happens. Some places more than others.
    Holy..thats crazy..
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.