Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Russian FS Nationals

Default Re: 2012 Russian FS Nationals

I haven't been watching but apparently Otarsultranov beats Lebedev! I guess that's what happens when you don't compete all year. I hope Otar gets to go to the Olympics- one of my favorite guys, plus I think he'd win it.

M. Batirov injured out,and Ketoev sucking back down to 84 kg, according to the Canadian forum.

yes, ketoev at 84

watch the 74 final now saitiev-tsargush

Just caught the last few seconds. Tsargush has the leg, Saitiev looking to lock up a cradle but can't score. Tsargush wins.

Tsargush doing what he does best sending everyone to sleep.

The pylon returns then? How did the rest of the match go?

First was clinch tsargush didn't lock the hands but they didn't care anyway, 2nd period he did nothing satiev lot of fakes and clinching tsargush just hanging in a headlock he got warned for stalling then satiev shot in and tsargush went from a headlock to a single and finished for one then stalled out the rest of the period, just a typical tsargush match.
    So whats going to happen with lebedev is that it for him and otarsultanov goes to olympics, even though lebedev is the 2 time reigning champion.

Quote Originally Posted by gbdaz View Post
    Tsargush doing what he does best.....
    singlet grips )))
    did you notice this in his 2nd match (vs. dadaev)? at 4:55.

I think the coaches pick the team.. but I would bet that Otar does go over Lebedev. Otar isn't some unknown, he was probably the #2 guy in the world before this tournament. Same thing happened 4 years ago, Muradov beat Gatsalov 4x defending champ and go to go.

In fact, I might be wrong, but didn't Lebedev make his first world team as a relative unknown over the more accomplished Otarsultranov?

Quote Originally Posted by akzent View Post
    I think he scored at the begining of the 2nd.
    Plus, the referee stopped some of Geduev's actions at a point when he was (possibly) going to score.

Notice also that after yesterday's draw, Saitiev had #47 (last one) in the brackets. Over the night this changed, so that this morning he started as #17 (and initial #17 Kelekhsaev became #47).

As #17 Saitiev wrestled 4 matches to reach the final. As #47 he should have wrestled 5 matches.
    The referees love the Saitiev brothers I think, both have had a lot of calls go their way over the years. Adam has had some really controvetial victories. Off the top of my head: over Romero at the worlds, Gatsalov at the nationals (later changed to a draw I think), Muradov at the Yarygin and so on.